17 Business Days to Reimburse My Account?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

17 Business Days to Reimburse My Account?

FSFT57
Character Actor
There was a double payment made. I was told that it takes 10 days to submit my refund through DISH, 4 days for DISH review, then 3 days for my bank. If true, this is unreasonable.
6 Replies

Re: 17 Business Days to Reimburse My Account?

stile99
Cinematographer
What was the timeline the bank told you when you called them?

DISH Employee
Can you please send a PM with your account/phone number and 4 digit PIN?

FSFT57
Character Actor
ErikaP wrote:
Can you please send a PM with your account/phone number and 4 digit PIN?

PM Sent

FSFT57
Character Actor
stile99 wrote:

My bank has no control over the DISH process.

Chadt41411
Casting Director
That I said actually pretty common for ACH payments. Absolutely have to allow them time to clear, and then the refund process takes place. Too many chances for fraud if the waiting period was not done.

stile99
Cinematographer
FSFT57 wrote:
stile99 wrote:

My bank has no control over the DISH process.

I never said they did, I asked what they told you when you called them. I don't know what bank you use, but I have NEVER used a bank that refused to work with me. And I have used several banks over the years. Not a single one had any issues helping me with overcharges, or double charges.

Of course, that's because I called them. None of them ever did a thing for me when I didn't call. It might also depend how you bank. If you've had a regular direct deposit for a certain period of time, many banks will see that and credit you the disputed amount in the meantime, figuring you're probably good for it, and their risk is pretty minimized. You do indeed need to give the process time, regardless of how you might feel about it, but a good bank can and will work with you and while they can't make that time go away, they have ways of working with it.