what external hard drive hopper 3

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

what external hard drive hopper 3

pawsrb
Extra
Hi, see some conflicts with what works and what does not. Would like to purchase an external hard drive to work with the new hopper3. I know it can be no bigger than 2TB. Some have said I need a self powered 2.0 usb others have said 3.0 which is a lot easier to find. If you have one what manufacturer, which usb and what model. Thanks for your help
3 Replies

Re: what external hard drive hopper 3

DISH Employee
The external hard drive (EHD) must have its own power supply that connects to a power outlet, have a USB 2.0-compatible cable (USB 3 is generally compatible), meet the size requirements for the receiver to which it is connected(50GB - 2TB), and have only a single hard disk drive (flash memory is not compatible).

baldman1
Camera Crew
IsraelH wrote:
The external hard drive (EHD) must have its own power supply that connects to a power outlet, have a USB 2.0-compatible cable (USB 3 is generally compatible), meet the size requirements for the receiver to which it is connected(50GB - 2TB), and have only a single hard disk drive (flash memory is not compatible).
That's all well and good but what name brands work with the Hopper? I have a 2TB WD brand ED but they are becoming hard to find.

stile99
Cinematographer
baldman1 wrote:
That's all well and good but what name brands work with the Hopper? I have a 2TB WD brand ED but they are becoming hard to find.

To my knowledge Dish does not test/certify brands, and most likely will not recommend one over another.