wally/hopper 3

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

wally/hopper 3

woverland
Extra

I have a Hopper 3  at home with an external hard drive with hundreds of recorded shows. Can i connect that hard drive to my "dish for my RV" Wally receiver? I will be in Alaska and there is no Dish signal for my Tailgator antenna .

3 Replies

Re: wally/hopper 3

Chadt4141
Casting Director
No, the EHD can not be moved from a DVR to non DVR even on the same account. If you were going Hopper to Hopper you could.

tburandt
Extra

So the best RV solution is ti get a external HD for the wally.  set it up and fire it up while at home and record until my hearts content. then I will have something  on the road with no sat reception?  

How does this compare to the new hopper to go technolgy  

DISH Employee

Hey, tburandt! If you're not able to get signal with the Wally receiver, and have Internet at your home to connect your Hopper to, the HopperGo would be a great alternative to buying an External Hard Drive. Your Hopper at home needs to be internet-connected in order to pair with DISH Anywhere and transfer content to the HopperGO. 

The HopperGO is only able to hold 100 hours of recordings, compared to a variety of options with the External Hard Drives. 

You can view more details about the HopperGO here: https://www.mydish.com/hoppergo