cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

video glitch 1 minute into the recording

smorganl
Character Actor

Good morning all,

Every recording I have has a video glitch 1 minute into the recording - when I say 1 minute I mean 1 minute after the scheduled show start (the actual recording starts a minute early). This shows as a video tear (pixillation) and lasts only a couple of seconds. This has been happening forever it seems - so obviously its not a big issue - but it is annoying. I think I could even predate the Hopper 3, but I am not sure of that.

Is this just the norm and everybody has this issue - I think not as I have never seen anyone post about it? Is it somethiing I am doing and is there a way to fix it?

Thanks for the help

bye now,

Steven

7 Replies

Re: video glitch 1 minute into the recording

DISH Employee

That does seem strange and we would love to investigate this with you. Are you noticing the same glitch when you have the timer set to record 3 minutes early instead of 1?

smorganl
Character Actor

I don't know, but I'll record a few things with different start times tonight and we'll see what happens.

I did just notice that last night's "Tonight Show" recording doesn't seem to glitch - I have been ignoring it so long that I'll have to start paying more attention to it again to see if I can see any additional charactistics - channel specific, age of recording, etc.

To be continued...

DISH Employee

That works! Thanks for doing that for us, smorganl! We definitely want to find out what's causing that and put a stop to it!  

smorganl
Character Actor

Sorry it has taken some time for reply but I have been experimenting with start times and show types. Starting with a different early time did not seem to matter - the glitch still occured but perhaps not at 1 minute into the show's start time. I did get a few shows that did not glitch - some but not all of them off PBS that were old and therefore not HD and some that were "live" events such as sporting events or The Tonight Show but otherwise I could not put a finger on what was different.

For example: This week's "Simpsons", "Gotham" no glitch

This week's "Cool Kids" recording time 34 min - glitch at 29 min left

"Hawaii 5-0"  recording time 1hr 5 min - glitch at 59 min left

Hope this helps.

bye now,

Steven

DISH Employee

Do you notice this issue on live TV? For example, if you tune into "Hawaii 5-0", are you seeing the show pixel, as well? Or is the regular channel clear and only the DVR recording is glitched? 

smorganl
Character Actor

I don't think so, but - honestly - we watch so little in real time that I'll have to make it a point to check! I shall endevor to do that this week with a few shows.

To be continued!

DISH Employee

Thanks for trying that out! Please let us know what you see. We look forward to hearing back from you.