useing a vcr

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

useing a vcr

brybin
Character Actor
I want to upgrade from a 322 reciever to a 222 reciever. Can I still use my vcr to record shows? I heard hd shows were blocked. This reciever has one hd and one sd so what about recording with a vcr on the sd telivision?
Also I don't pay a monthly fee for the 322. What about the 222? I will still have only one reciever. Thank You
10 Replies

Re: useing a vcr

Chadt41411
Casting Director
Last I heard, the 222 was discontinued, so you'd have to purchase one from eVay or somewhere of the nature. You can still hook up your vcr, and shouldn't run into HDCP, as you will not be using digital cables.

brybin
Character Actor
Thanks chad. They still have the 222 on the dish website.

d4g4m
Visual Engineer
You can record any channel with a VCR. It is not digital and the channel being recorded doesn't know a VCR is being used.

brybin
Character Actor
Thanks. So I can record on the sd tv but not the hd tv because that one is digital?

d4g4m
Visual Engineer
Key word was 'ANY' channel. .Meaning SD and HD

hddn
Visual Engineer
Few VCRs will have an HDMI input if that's what you mean by "hd tv", but most Dish receivers put the TV 1 signal out in a variety of formats for people with old TVs so the VCR is likely to work on those too. (I say likely only because I haven't seen a VCR in a long time but it seems like it should work.)

brybin
Character Actor
I found an old post that says both tv 1 and tv 2 have rca outputs and if it is hooked up that way it works on both. I have a vcr and dvd recorder. Anyone know if there is a monthly fee with the 222 reciever? None with the 322.

DISH Employee
We do not charge for the primary receiver on your account. If you have an additional receiver that is a model 222, then the additional receiver fee will be $14 a month.

d4g4m
Visual Engineer
I have a 211k receiver. HDMI cable to TV HDMI1, co-ax cable from receiver to VCR/DVD-R combo. HDMI from VCR/DVD-R combo to TV HDMI3 for playback.