upgrade issue

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

upgrade issue

awolf10421
Extra
I called customer support to replace a 722k rec. DVR that has had remote issues pretty much as long as i have owned it (more than two years) i wanted to get a 16 channel DVR and leave the other receiver alone (there are only two tv's in the house) but the dish support lady on the phone tells me that i need to get all sorts of other equipment which makes absolutely no sense what so ever. (i should note that i have had dish since about 1995) Im starting to think Dish wants me to switch to direct TV or something? i shouldnt have to buy Joey this or that for other rooms when all i want is to replace this one unit, they also want me to commit to a two year plan when im not leasing this equipment (im paying cash).
7 Replies

Re: upgrade issue

Chadt41411
Casting Director
The Hopper 3 uses a different LNB that will only support 16 tuners, so only 1 Hopper 3 and Joey clients.

awolf10421
Extra
Chadt4141 wrote:
The Hopper 3 uses a different LNB that will only support 16 tuners, so only 1 Hopper 3 and Joey clients.

I have a triple LNB dish, (i have two separate cables running to the dish) I only want the 16 tuner DVR and want to leave my other plain receiver alone. what they are trying to tell me is its a billing thing for what ever reason and makes absolutely no sense what so ever.

We will require that a tech installs this for you. There can be 1 Hopper 3 on an account (up to 5 Joeys) and 1 purchased 211. No other equipment can be on the account. This requires the Hybrid LNB which is likely different than what you have.
---------------------------------
Matt "Speedy" Gonzales | Moderator

awolf10421
Extra
I guess i didnt make it very clear, I dont want any Joey add on's, i just want a Hopper 3 to replace a hunk of junk 722k and keep the other regular receiver that works just fine. the fact that i have to buy and replace a perfectly fine working receiver because its not allowed on the account is not standing by whats being played in the Dish ads i see running on TV., as for the Hybrid LNB, i already have that. my issue is with being forced to buy unnecessary equipment. (jeez and i not only use to be an installer but have had this service none stop since 1995??)

VanessaK
Camera Crew
Please send me a private message with your phone number and four digit security code.

e38BimmerFN
Cinematographer
You don't have to buy new equipment when you upgrade to H3. H3 requires some new HW and cabling. The install needs a on site tech to install it and he will determine what needs to be installed and updated if anything. Any H3 install required a on site installer to come out and do it. The only thing that DISH allows is that if you buy your own Joey, you can call in and activate it. No on site tech needed for that.

I went from VIP to H2 and H3, and each time a tech came out to install and make sure all HW was installed that was needed and to make sure system was running correctly. That's all.

Chadt41411
Casting Director
There are many reasons why the other receivers will not work. Unfortunately, what you are wanting is not currently possible, and honestly, not likely to be possible in the future. We all were listening when you said you do not want any Joeys, but what you are not hearing is that VIP equipment is not compatible in the home with the Hopper system. It has not been since 2012 when the first Hopper was released. They operate different UI's, have different purposes, and utilize different backend equipment. The hopper system is a MOCA system, whereas the VIP equipment is not. If that is what will make you leave, then there really is no stopping you, but now you have the correct information.