tuner 4 + 5 constantly say "acquiring signal"

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

tuner 4 + 5 constantly say "acquiring signal"

sonja77
Character Actor

For the last week we've had a problem in the evening (when everyone in the family is watching TV and recording shows at the same time) that the TV activity screen pops up saying that there are not enough tuners available. I've been checking frequently and Tuners 4 and 5 are constantly showing "acquiring signal". I also ran a switch test and it pops up a warning "a problem has been detected with your Super Joey". I have reset both the Hopper and the Super Joey. Is there anything I can do to fix that? Or does a technician have to come out?

We haven't changed anything with the dish setup since this has been happening. We have a Hopper with Sling, 2x Joeys 2.0, and a Super Joey. We've had this equipment since 2014. 

Thanks,

Sonja

5 Replies

Re: tuner 4 + 5 constantly say "acquiring signal"

DISH Employee

Hello, Sonja77. I hate to hear that you're experiencing this technical issue. I completely understand how that can be really stressful and frustrating. What can happen in the the coax cable in the back of the Super Joey can become loose from either the back of the Super Joey or the wall. Have you already made sure the cable is nice and tight? Does it every get pass acquiring signal to something like "Complete Signal Loss"?

sonja77
Character Actor

Yes, I have already checked the connections to the Super Joey; they were tight. 

No, the sysytem never gets past "acquiring  signal". I've been checking the activity screen frequently and tuners 4+5 always say "acquiring".

DISH Employee

Can I have you check if the Super Joey is still linked to the Hopper please? You can do this by pressing your Home button 3 times (If you have Menu press it twice instead) and go to Whole Home. Can you tell me if the Super Joey is listed there please?  

sonja77
Character Actor
Yes, when I go to "whole home", the Super Joey is listed under "this device". It lists its name, location, receiver ID and Smart Card ID.

DISH Employee

Thank you, Sonja77. It is likely we will need a technician to see why it's behaving in this manner. If all the connections are tight and it's still being detected by the Hopper. It could be something on the outside of your home causing this issues. Can you send me a Private Message with your phone number and 4-digit PIN please? Here are the steps to sending a private message: 

Sign in to the community.
Click the message count or envelope icon to go to your Private Messages Inbox.
Click Compose New Message.
Enter the recipient's name (CalebS) in the Send to area.
Enter the subject for the message in the Message Subject area.
Type the reply in the Message Body editor.
Click Send Message.