software update & lost features - this is bwd

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

software update & lost features - this is bwd

stevelong
Extra
DISH subscriber for ? 5 years or so, been happy until now.
Last wed. Jan 10, 2018 at 1:45am, my Hopper got a software update.....and a new UI.
Fine, but....
NOW I lost my "themes" search, I used to be able to hit THEMES button on remote, look for movies, ALL MOVIES, or narrow it down by NOW PLAYING, or NEXT playing, or future movies........and get a grouping of - all WESTERNS, or ALL WAR movies, it was selected by GENRE........I could also search ALL, which included my recorded movies and those in the GUIDE........
I used it HEAVILY, and it's GONE......along with some slow-mo & FF & REW features, as I used to have 2 speeds slow-motion for both rew & play, NOW ONE SPEED both, and I used to have 4, 15, 60 and 300, for speeds for both FF & REW, now the 4 is goners as well.
I USED the "themes" weekly to gather a list of WESTERN movies to review, record, and keep back in the DVR, for future viewing.
THESE are ALL features I used heavily, and it's going to be difficult for me to stay with DISH.
I'm shopping, unless these features are all restored in updates in the next few months.
I complained on the phone to a tech in Phoenix, and I was told they will work on writing it back into the code, it might take 48 hours to 2 weeks, guessing I WILL BE WATCHING for it to change.
3 Replies

Re: software update & lost features - this is bwd

peggyrh
Associate Producer
The person you talked to didn't know what he was talking about, those features have been gone for 2 years. Some are still available in a different form (try using search search rather than themes, or push RW or FF more than once). The rest of us have been using this interface since the Hopper 3 was released in 2/16, and the software was finally released to all older Hoppers (most have had it for over a year by now).

Give it some time and learn how to use it before going to another provider that might be even worse.

stevelong
Extra
smashing, another online support person without knowledge, making promises they cannot keep.
the tech should be found & fired.
Another modern day success story.

naustin
Camera Crew

u508 just came out (1/31/18), maybe it will help.