slow internet

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

slow internet

vokie
Character Actor
My internet service over the last 2 months has become very SLOW most of the time. The telephone tech checked all the phone lines & said nothing wrong with their service. He thinks that the Hopper with sling is causing my slow speed internet. How do I go about checking this out ??? HELP !!!
10 Replies

Re: slow internet

stile99
Cinematographer
Well that's insanely easy to check. Run a speedtest. Make note of the results. Now, unplug the Hopper from the wall. Run another speedtest. Make note of the results. Compare results.

vokie
Character Actor
Thanks!!!! Stupid me !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

3bangin
Character Actor
Our Internet has come to a crawl. Has never been fast but was able to stream youtube. Now its really bad. I called for technical support and we ran all the tests from his end to my end. my average speed is a wopping 1.5 Mbps. Uh, not what I was sold. Now there trying to get me to upgrade to the next gen internet. Really?, double my bill and lock me in for another 2 years of expensive and underwhelming internet experience?

These slow speeds are suspect.

I would really like to be able to stream a Netflix movie and tell people I know that Netflix is great, I mean I'm paying for it. Sadly that's a no.

Chadt41411
Casting Director
Sounds like you may be on the old Gen HughesNet. Satellite internet is never going to a good option for streaming. They are a replacement to landline. Have you verified you’re not FAP’d?

3bangin
Character Actor
FAP'd ?
Not sure what this is.. We used to stream video with no problem. Not any more and it just seems strange that this is happening while dish is trying to get me to go with the more expensive deal.

Chadt41411
Casting Director
FAP is Fair Access Policy. Which internet do you have? Is it DSL or satellite internet?

3bangin
Character Actor
Satellite.

3bangin
Character Actor
The last time I talked to technical support they said they would hand this off to the engineers. I asked, and then what? Will they contact me? No. So...........what now? Just wait.......................
Guess I'm on my own trying to figure this frustrating situation out.

The forum title say's Dish Product Support, Crickets...........................

Chadt41411
Casting Director
There is no official internet support on the forums. Only place is through the broadband department which is over the phone.