programs I set to record but they do not

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

programs I set to record but they do not

DonRC
Extra

Programs that I set to record on Free Speech TV every day  from 9 AM to 3 PM Monday thru Friday, record some times and some times do not. this happens quite often and I would like to know if this happens to any one else?

3 Replies

Re: programs I set to record but they do not

DISH Employee

Hi Don, if you check the daily schedule are you seeing any tuner conflicts that may prevent the show from recording or is it showing as scheduled? You may also check to see if the timer is set to record only new episodes or all episodes.

nightowls
Extra

Our programming choices are frequently overwritten. We set a certain show to record all episodes. It was starting to record them as we had 7 or 8 waiting to view. After last night's "update", which interrupted our viewing and was not requested, all the shows, including ones we had not watched yet, disappeared except two.

We checked the Timer and instead of showing "All Episodes" it had reverted to just keep 2. This was not a change we made and resulted in not having access to the episodes we wanted to watch (Aerial America).

This is happening on a frequent basis. We never had this problem with the competitor. What gives??

We did not "interrupt" the update or turn off the TV or take any other action during the update. Why do we need a nightly update anyway??

DISH Employee

nightowls, I hate to hear that the update interrupted the viewing and the recordings. Have you been able to change the keep settings from "Keep 2" to "All Episodes"? Is it reverting back to  "Keep 2" after you make the change? Also, can you tell me what model of receiver you have? It will be listed on the front of the box and will say something like "Hopper with Sling".