plugin crashes, hopper with sling

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

plugin crashes, hopper with sling

orngdrm
Extra
I recently upgraded both my programming and equipment. I now regret my equipment upgrade because of its lack of performance. I had an obsolete receiver that after the new equipment was installed, I ,the customer, had to dispose of the old equipment. What kind of customer service is that?? I now have the hopper w/sling and it has not performed well since the day it was installed. I purchased a new laptop that exceeded the specs required to run the app. I have tried every browser with the app. The plugin crashes frequently. I sometimes have no dvr access for my recordings. When I watch a show, it may freeze, pixelate, or screen may go black. I don't know the difference between what dish anywhere has and what cbs.com, abc.go.com, espn.com and other channel sites have, but I have better viewing on the other sites than I do with dish anywhere. The sad part is, I pay to use dish anywhere because of the equipment upgrade when I could have just used these sites with less frustration and less cost. I sincerely hope that dish is working on this issue and finds a fix for it. There has to be a way to get better streaming of the programming. I would, at this point , never recommend dish anywhere to my friends because of all the issues I have experienced. I have been a dish customer for over a decade and up until this upgrade, I was happy with them. Not now, not at this moment.
1 Reply

Re: plugin crashes, hopper with sling

peggyrh
Associate Producer
what internet speed do you have? Dish Anywhere works flawlessly for me (on tablet or laptop).