pixilation issue

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

pixilation issue

Roadog
Extra
I have the latest Hopper 3 receiver with three joeys. My recorded programs have a short pixilation within the first two minutes of the recording. Noticed mainly on local channels (not over the air}. Tech replaced the receiver, but the issue continues. Anyone else have this problem?
3 Replies

Re: pixilation issue

stile99
Cinematographer
Roadog wrote:
I have the latest Hopper 3 receiver with three joeys. My recorded programs have a short pixilation within the first two minutes of the recording. Noticed mainly on local channels (not over the air}. Tech replaced the receiver, but the issue continues. Anyone else have this problem?

It seems to happen sometimes when a prior recording ends...I haven't done extensive testing to see if it is when a recording is on the same channel or what, but the within the first two minutes part tells me you have it set to extend recordings by two minutes, is this correct? Thankfully considering it lasts literally a second I've not considered it worth my trouble to report.
Highlighted

dbax42
Camera Crew

I have been having pixelation issue as well.  Mine is, I believe, due to a low singal strength.  You might check your signal strength meter.  God to Home key then side arrow to Menu then arrow down to Settings and them arrow down all the way to the bottom of all icons to the very last one, showing a screw driver and press enter.  Then arrow down on the left side to DISH, which is #3 and you will see a signal meter measuring the channel you are presently on.  To check other channels you nave to back out of this menu and go to the other channel and repeat everything.  I have done this on all of my channels and average a low 40 signal and suffer from pixelation.  May not be your problem but check it out, if you havn't already.  I'm still looking for a solution myself, and not wishing I had never signed that 2 year contract, bummer. 

DISH Employee

Hello, I hate to hear you are having problems with your service. I want to help get this resolved as soon as possible. Can you please send me a private message with your phone number and 4 digit security code so I can access your account?