multi TV streaming

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

multi TV streaming

Adj174
Character Actor

Hi. I have an international package that come with stream option for some of its channels. is the Hopper 3 capable of multi tv streaming with different contents? it seem that I can not stream two different channels on two different tv? something Sling is able to do. also I'm assuming recording a stream is impossible too.

4 Replies

Re: multi TV streaming

Chadt4141
Supporting Role
With the Hopper, you don’t stream. The Hopper 3 has 16 tuners, so you could potentially have 19 things playing or recording simultaneously. The catch is for each separate TV, would require a Joey($7/month).

Adj174
Character Actor
Thank you. I do have two Joeys but the Arabic package come with “Arabic bonus pack” which offer live streaming additional channels at no extra cost. These channels are streamed through the hopper 3 device but I can’t stream different channels from that pack on different TV. I can watch regular channels on different TVs but not two streams from that pack. Also can’t stream a channel and watch ONDEMAND on a different TV.
So the Arabic elite pack use the regular dish orbit broadcast which you can watch on multiple TV and DVR content. While the bonus pack offer “stream” of additional channels but cants watch on multiple TV or use DVR functionality.
Highlighted

GRB1959
Audio Engineer

If you are using Dish Anywhere via an Amazon Fire Stick, a laptop computer or tablet for your wireless streaming through your Hopper 3 you can only stream one wireless device at a time.  At least that is the way that it works for me.

In a spare bedroom which isn't wired for Dish Network I have an Amazon Fire Stick and if my wife is watching that TV and streaming from the Dish Anywhere application and I attempt to watch Dish Anywhere on my laptop computer the system gives me a message that streaming is only allowed via Dish Anywhere to one wireless device at a time or something to that effect.

I believe that this is the intended functionality.

Adj174
Character Actor
Yes I get Similar msg of one stream allowed Except I stream directly from my hopper by simply using a channel in that “bonus pack” I would hope they can make the hopper 3 a bit smarter to allow two or more streams from same account (I know it’s possible with sling).