message# 1221

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

message# 1221

MichaelK
Character Actor

Ever since I upgraded to the new UI, I get a message# 1221 when I try to watch a show from an EHD. (I have 2 -- happens with both. One was formatted on this UI, the other on the previous UI.)
Whether I go to its info page and press 'Watch', or just click 'Play' from the DVR main page, I get the same result. It will try to play: the screen goes black, that window pops up for about .5 second, then nothing. But, quite interestingly, if I click Info or Select, I get the data of the show that I was watching (i.e. the live TV show).
I have to force the show to play by repeating that process (i.e. go into the DVR, find the show, click Play or Info=>Watch).
Why does this happen?
Is there a fix for it?

This is Message 1221 --

Attention 1221
External USB hard drive 'External Device 1' is in spin-up state. Wait for activation.

2 Replies

Re: message# 1221

DISH Employee
This is an issue our engineers are aware of, and they are currently in the process of scheduling a fix. However, at this time we do not have an ETR of when that update will be available. If you would please send me a Private Message with your phone number and 4 digit PIN, I will flag your account as one affected by this issue so we can be sure to target it when the fix is released.

Re: message# 1221

I have same problem. EHD is in up-spin. WAIT.