how to turn on used Duo ViP 222k receiver?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to turn on used Duo ViP 222k receiver?

jgw1998
Camera Crew
I am current using two ViP 211Z. I am paying monthly $7 for the second receiver.

I like to buy a used or re-manufactured Duo ViP 222K from either Amazon or eBay.
How do I have this used unit turn on to connect to the Dish service?

How do I return one of the receiver to Dish to remove the monthly $7 charge?
Tags (2)
7 Replies

Re: how to turn on used Duo ViP 222k receiver?

peggyrh
Associate Producer
You will still have to pay a monthly use fee for the 2nd receiver even if you own it.
To activate a receiver just call Dish, they will also arrange for a shipping box to return the old receiver.

Chadt41411
Casting Director
Only the first receiver is free. So if you went that route, you’d be paying the exact same, except you’d have access to a 3rd tv. It is important to note that the second TV on the 222 would be SD.

d4g4m
Visual Engineer
Be careful buying a used receiver on amazon and especially ebay. If the unit has an outstanding balance due, DISH will not activate it. You would be better off buying from a dish retailer like dishdepot.com

Chadt41411
Casting Director
Also if it is a leased receiver, Dish will not activate it.

jgw1998
Camera Crew
I want to make sure Dish will activate the box I buy.
OK, if I buy this Duo ViP222K HD receiver from Dish Depot for $100. Anywhere else?

Can I buy from Amazon - Factory Remanufactured Dish Network VIP 222 for $82
(not able to post the Amazon URL link here)

Then, can I return both ViP 211Z and not paying the extra 2nd box for $7 a month?
I will only use one 222K, and not paying box rental fee, right?

How do I return and ship the 211Z back to Dish?

BTW, how do I connect the 222K downstairs to my second TV upstairs?

DISH Employee
You can purchase a DISH receiver from a 3rd party and we would be able to activate it as long as its not already active on another account. This will not eliminate the $7.00 monthly fee. The monthly fee is what makes the receiver active and able to pick up the DISH signal. Dish gives the first receiver monthly fee for free to everyone. Once the leased equipment is disabled on your account, Dish will then send you out boxes to return the leased equipment.

rmaccy
Extra

If the first receiver is free, then why am I paying $14.00 for my 2 receivers?