hopper with sling and joey issues

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

hopper with sling and joey issues

Lyne532
Extra
i have a hopper with sling and joey. we have had the hopper for several years, the joey was replaced earlier this year. every since i installed the new joey we have been having 1303/1305 issues. i called dish and they walked me through a few steps and said once the software updates all will be well. that never happened. the hopper last updated on april 22, i believe it is s543 and the joey last updated feb. 4 and is s493. i think this is when i got the new joey. now my guide is not updating and i can not record shows. when i set the dvr it shows up on the timer as being programed, and shows up on the guide with the red dot, but no show appears later on my recorded list. it also does not appear in any file. is this dishes way of say i have to update to hopper3? any and all help will be appreciated.
2 Replies

Re: hopper with sling and joey issues

Community Manager
Community Manager
Can you PM me your info so I can look into this further?

Re: hopper with sling and joey issues

jbogaard1
Extra
Every since the update, my hopper (it's a hopper 1) is slow but both my joeys freeze once a minute for at least 10 seconds. It makes watching TV impossible. I spent 45 minutes in a chat session only to be told that it's a known problem and it'll be fixed in the near future. Looks like I'm not the only person with issues from this "upgrade".