hopper and joey

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

hopper and joey

mavens
Extra

I just had new receiver's installed with a Hopper and 2 joeys.

I have the hopper in the tv room and  a joey in the kitchen. I am unable to sync the two. There is a delay of 2 seconds between the two.

How can I fix this problem.

4 Replies

Re: hopper and joey

Chadt4141
Screen Writer
You can’t. There is a delay between the Hopper and Joey.

vestaldavid
Extra

Is this really a DISH site?  I'd like to see someone from DISH talk to this.  Whenever I've called them, it's like . . ."Oh really, I didn't know . . . . "   

The fact that DISH cannot provide a system that plays a televison connected to the Hopper, and another televison connected to a Joey in the next room (where you can hear both) . . . that plays at the SAME TIME is RIDICULOUS!  Ive read legitimate technical reasons for this anomaly, but previous systems DISH provided (as well as other providers) did not work this way, ie, they worked 'in sync".   This is a SIMPLE software fix!!

I've been with DISH a long time - the previous systems from DISH (with less capabilities) worked great throughout the house - this one, with more capabilities - sucks major league in this ONE regard - and this is a major regard for lots of customers.  

DISH??

DISH Employee

Hello vestaldavid. This is a page for our customers to interact with one another and is monitored by DISH. The signal that the Hopper feeds to the Joeys is delayed by a second or two. That is because the Joeys are receiving a secondary signal feed. That is a normal thing that happens. It is because with the Hopper being the main receiver it has to transmit the signal to the Joeys which would cause the delay.

vestaldavid
Extra

Thank you for your response KarolenaP.   I understand the delay of the signal, i.e., the Hopper has to feed the Joey through a secondary signal feed, but I don't understand why DISH doesn't fix the delay.   It's a simple cable running between two or three boxes!  ( Previous DISH systems worked fine and I would have kept the old system if I'd have been informed by DISH that this was the case.  But I wasn't informed.

These are not the early days of electronics - DISH could fix this "out-of-sync" issue very easily . . . a number of different ways - let a DISH System Engineer work on it in an afternoon!

I've had DISH a long time, loved having multiple TV's playing the same thing at the same time (especially for football games and parties), but this "upgrade" does not work for me (and many others)- this is the difference between an "ok" system and a "great" system.