hopper 3 vs vip 722 dvr

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

hopper 3 vs vip 722 dvr

r8eya
Camera Crew
Is there any big difference between the two that would justify paying more for the hopper 3? like ability to record more shows at once. just the hopper 3 without joeys.
8 Replies

Re: hopper 3 vs vip 722 dvr

JSracer
Audio Engineer
Yep, 16 tuners vs 2, 200 timers vs 90,
Movie and show trailers, 4 Panel picture in picture,

I went from a 722k, about a month or two ago, should have done it much sooner!! Very happy so far

DISH Employee
JSracer wrote:

I went from a 722k, about a month or two ago, should have done it much sooner!! Very happy so far

We're glad to hear your praise.

It is an awesome piece of equipment that runs circles around our competition. I can't imagine how in a few years we could top such a great piece of equipment.

stile99
Cinematographer
MarkL wrote:
I can't imagine how in a few years we could top such a great piece of equipment.

There are 1000 or so ideas at [url:1i7fo4dt]https://support.dish.com/viewtopic.php?f=18&t=861[/url:1i7fo4dt]

Not being snarky, being 100% serious. I agree, the Hopper 3 is something that should be considered 'basic'. Three tuners is barely enough for a single box, 16 feels like a pretty good spot for a whole-home device. That said, there's definitely progress to be made.

BillK
Audio Engineer
JSracer wrote:

I went from a 722 to a Hopper 3 and am amazed at the number of things the H3 cannot do and horrified by the bugs it has like a major one involving multiple manual timer recordings that prevents you from watching them in anything other than reverse chronological order.

One thing your 722 could do the H3 can't - record an entire program after you've started watching it but when you still have the start of it in your DVR buffer.

r8eya
Camera Crew
The 16 timers sounds great but the 100 upgrade fee and the contract they want is keeping me from upgrading. The device sounds great though.

BillK
Audio Engineer
Can't do anything about the contract, but customer retention can usually waive fees.

r8eya
Camera Crew
Ill probably check out directv and the genie and see what they are offering. Probably wont change but worth a look. The contract is fine but 100 to upgrade seems excessive.

RickObe
Visual Engineer
r8eya wrote:
Ill probably check out directv and the genie and see what they are offering. Probably wont change but worth a look. The contract is fine but 100 to upgrade seems excessive.

Contact a rep here (name in orange). They may be able to waive the fee for you depending on your account history.