hopper 3 rebooting non-stop

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

hopper 3 rebooting non-stop

wvricky21
Camera Crew

I was not sure which board to use. Hopper 3 is constantly rebooting. Same thing happened back in January. Sent me another one. Worked fine for 5 months. Called Customer Service this morning. Lots of runaround. Will not send replacement Hopper 3. Will send TECH on July 9th. That is 8 days without service. Will somebody please just send me a replacement Hopper 3? I am, as most of us are, swamped with DIRECTV $300.00 VISA offers to pay toward any termination fees if I just simply call them and return to them. 8 days with no service is making that offer look pretty good.

Tags (2)
2 Replies

Re: hopper 3 rebooting non-stop

wvricky21
Camera Crew

This is the first time I have been on the new (but not improved) FORUM. I am not a social media addict as most people are. As long as things are what they should be, I am not socially inclined to mingle. But now that I feel I am not being treated properly, I will just ask if there is anybody with some power who will come to my aid? I am seriously tempted to pick up the phone and call DIRECTV. 8 days? Ridiculous! I am missing the World Cup, the LPGA, and the PGA. Not to mention news and weather. These Hopper 3's are not new, just refurbished. And thus far, the two which I have received have been lemons. Anyone? Hello? Maybe it is not the same as the old Forum. The Social Media D.I.R.T. were very helpful. Perhaps they have been demolished, destroyed, disdainfully discarded. But if they are still viable, HELLO?!!! 

Re: hopper 3 rebooting non-stop

DISH Employee

Hi wvricky21. No worries! We're still here to help out. I know it may seem like the easier option to just replace the receiver but it's very unlikely for two Hopper 3 receivers to experience power or rebooting issues in one home. That is kind of a sign to us that something else may be happening which would be why we're offering a technician visit instead.

Secondary issues like damaged coax cabling in the walls or inconsistent power line strength can cause the receiver to turn itself off so we want to be able to fix that for you if that's the case. Sending another replacement if the rebooting is actually due to external cabling would end up making you even more frustrated if the issue were to pop up again in the next 4-5 months.