hopper 3 issues, please advise

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

hopper 3 issues, please advise

JSracer
Audio Engineer

Quirks in the folders, say 1 folder will show 5 items, but enter the folder and there are 2 things listed, back on and it then shows 2 on the folder icon. Rentals had 3 things, delete 1, then showed 0, enter folder then there are 2 listed. Strange.
Also the percent dvr shows 11% but deleting many things, and clearing the trash, that percent does not increase.

Any thoughts here guys?? On 334 still,
New hopper 3 setup, about a week old. Still not showing my ehd, debated 336 but updated yet.

i have PTAT set to on, save for 8 days. some of the shows are saved, so then there is a copy of them moved out of the PTAT folder. so its in 2 locations.
this could be what causes the issue, trying to delete stuff from both places. not sure if i should leave everything in the ptat folder and just delete watched shows that are outside that.
my wifes folder shows 3 more that what is in there. if that count could be wrong, it could have more not deleted just listed ??

i could try ptat set for 2 or 4 days to keep, not sure if that goes back to clean up or not. could update to 336, see if my ehd is found. copy shows, then reset the hopper 3. Saving settings to remote from the tools screen.

not sure if factory defaults or master reset would be a better option here

also most of my recordings have the wrong original air date. all new shows from yesterday, show the day before. same for upcoming timers.

10 Replies

Re: hopper 3 issues, please advise

RickObe
Visual Engineer
My experience is that PTAT causes lots of stuff to be messed up. Therefore, I have PTAT set to one channel, one day a week, min 2 day retention (for a channel/day on which I don't save any recordings). Then set regular timers for everything I want to keep. Minimal PTAT activation is needed to retain auto-hop function. Doing it this way seems to make everything in the DVR work better.

JSracer
Audio Engineer
got ya, makes sense. i fought 1 show in a folder, deleted, still showed 1, restored from trash, move in folder, remove from folder, then the folder said 0.
could be the deleted stuff isn't going away, i had tons more stuff the first few days and used like 5%, not i only have about a dozen and use 15%. i can delete 10 shows, and the % stays the same.

Pushing 336 now for the EHD support. then i'll transfer recordings and see the %
might as well sort this early on, compared to 6 months down the road.

not sure if it is a space thing, or a cosmetic thing. if cosmetic not a big deal, if space, shows removing from view but not removed from the HD, if that makes sense.

JSracer
Audio Engineer
sigh, couldn't get 336 to update, kept rebooting.
unpaired my 40 and 50 remotes, then got the download.

hope this works, sees my EHD, can transfer everything, then reset the box to get my space back.
should be a fun day !!! lol

on 336, ehd seen, transferring shows now.
space went from 15% to 7% used after software update. before doing anything else.

JSracer
Audio Engineer
so under home, dvr or something, deleted recordings are still visible there and able to be played. they are not listed in the dvr menu though, when show all or the dvr button is pressed.

reboot, shows then are gone.
trying a master reset, see what that does. not sure how i lost so much space with nothing shown.

IamGMan
Camera Crew
Anyone else having issues with sound cutting out every ten to fifteen seconds on a LIVE program after updating to 336? Time shifting back about 30 seconds to a minute is the ONLY way to get constant sound. Tuner swapping is what seems to initiate the issue. Had the issue before the update but a simple back skip and forward to live would fix it until you swapped again.

peggyrh
Associate Producer
Sound cutting out several times in the last few days, don't watch live tv a lot, blamed it on weather.

Edit: issue is exactly the same as IamGMan.

DISH Employee
Hello peggyrh. When the audio issue happens, is the picture still clear or is there a distortion too? Do you have any components or sound system connected to the Hopper 3?

peggyrh
Associate Producer
It's from software 336, never happened before. Hard to tell about distortion/pixelization, I have had some but the weather has been terrible where I live (lots of wind & snow in Oregon!) so not sure where to put the blame.

JSracer
Audio Engineer
Hmm, been on 336 after my master reset, no audio issues. My external hard drive is recognized and works. Had to start a ehd show twice, but playing and has finally a delete button after stopping!!! Lol
Have not tried any vod yet or anything. HBO or network's

No audio issues to report, optical into my Denon, HDMI into the TV. Can change audio source, video stays , good for games or races.