hopper 3 dvr skips

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

hopper 3 dvr skips

r8eya
Camera Crew
Whenever I am watching a dvr event and I switch to a live channel the program I switch from skips 30 seconds ahead before changing the channel. Any reason why its doind this? I know not a serious problem but a bit of a pain.
9 Replies

Re: hopper 3 dvr skips

DISH Employee
If you go back to the event afterward, does it stay the 30 seconds ahead of where it was, or do you have to rewind? Does anything happen if you watch the event from start to finish?

r8eya
Camera Crew
it stays 30 seconds ahead. right as the channel is changing the +30 secs in the lower screen appears as if i had skipped it ahead. when i watch it completely everything works fine.

Community Manager
Community Manager
Do you have Joeys that this also happens on?

r8eya
Camera Crew
i havent had the same issue with my two other joeys. just seems to be the hopper3 that does this.

DISH Employee
Does this happen on all of your recordings, or just certain ones/channels?

Bridge
Camera Crew
When I resume watching shows on my DVR they are “skipped” ahead approximately 20 seconds. It does not matter if I am watching using the Hopper3 directly or via one of my two Joeys. They all resume 20 seconds ahead of where I quit watching them. We’re you ever given a solution for this problem?

DISH Employee

Bridge, this issue was sent to our Engineering Team, but a solution fit it has not been found. Can you send me a private message with your 4-digit pin to see what other options we have for you? 

Bridge
Camera Crew
Hoppers skipping ahead have been known about for a year based on the initial date of this thread (I, personally, have been reporting it on another thread for 7 months, see “Remote 54 Pause Error”. I even PM’d directly with you about it in June, Christina) and have received no real help with a solution...I have given up on getting any help on my Hopper issues from this support channel. I am only posting here to aid other DISH customers who have a similar issue so they (a) don’t think they are the only ones and (b) don’t waste 7 months asking for help and hoping the problem will go away.

DISH Employee

I absolutely get your frustration with the Hopper not functioning properly, Bridge. This definitely isn't the experience we want you having with DISH. I'd love to take another look at your account and see what options I have to get this resolved for you. If you change your mind, and would like us to take another look, please don't hesitate to send a Private Message with your account information.