cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

fire stick doesn’t work, app doesn’t work

Needhelp
Extra
I was watching Dish programming using the Firestick and all was good. I switched to Netflix for a little while. When I went back to Dish anywhere through the fire stick it wouldn’t work. I keep getting the message about entering an activation code. When I enter the new code online it looks like it is logging in, but then I get a new code to enter. Customer support had us delete the dishanywhere app and reinstall but that didn’t help. They said this problem was reported 11 days ago but hasn’t been fixed. I saw a message about this problem dated June 28, which is significantly longer ago than 11 days ago. Has anyone been able to get their fire stick to work after getting the looping activation message?
Another problem today. My dishanywhere app on my phone won’t open. It just spins, says logging in for a few seconds, then just spins. I deleted app and reinstalled. Using an iPhone. Any suggestions on how to get it to work? Customer service chat said I would need to call broadband support during the day.
So many problems with the app!! Please help.
4 Replies

Re: fire stick doesn’t work, app doesn’t work

DISH Employee

Hello, thanks for reaching out to us and I hate to hear you are having so many problems with the DISH Anywhere app on your devices. Regarding the Firestick issue, have you tried clearing the app cache/data in your Fire TV settings? This is listed as a work a round for the known issue. I do see a known issue for the Iphone version where it does not progress past the splash screen. Can you please send me a private message with your login credential, app version, IOS version, and device model so I can forward this to our engineering team?

JDD
Extra
Fire stick works great while using any other app besides dish anywhere. I can watch Netflix no buffering or freezing or loosing connection. Go thru dishanywhere app buffering , connection lost , restart, freeze, picture quality blurry.
Is there a setting somewhere or a reason this one app doesn’t work

DISH Employee

Jdd, I hate to hear that you are having this issue, and we definitely want to work on getting this resolved for you. What type of receiver do you have? You can find the model of your receiver in the corner on the front of the receiver. 

Wen
Extra
I have this same problem when try I g to use Dish App on my Firestick. Did you ever figure out a solution?