faster way to get to edit timer?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

faster way to get to edit timer?

Slave2Computers
Character Actor
On the old interface, when I had the menu cursor over a recorded show item, I could hit the select button (I think it was the select button) and it would give me the option of editing the timer associated with that show. It was the same way when the cursor was over a show in the daily schedule list.

With the new interface, it doesn't give me that option. I have to go back/ and up all the way to the top to get the tabs and then over to timers and then navigate to the show of interest.

Please oh wise ones, show me the light, show me how to quickly get to the timer of a recorded show.

We only recently moved from the hopper 2/old interface to the 3 with the new one. It has a lot of features, but it seems like a lot of operations require more effort. I am hoping it is just new user ignorance.
4 Replies

Re: faster way to get to edit timer?

logdog
Audio Engineer
On my Hopper 3 system, if I go to a show in Guide that is scheduled to record - Select button gives me options to Skip Event, Delete Series Timer, Edit Timer, or See Program Info. If the show is marked skip, Edit Timer is not an option. In Schedule - Select button lets me Skip or Edit Timer.

redlite
Costume Designer
After you go to DVR, you can use the Skip Forward or Skip Back buttons to navigate through the tabs, yes, I discovered this by accident.

Slave2Computers
Character Actor
logdog wrote:
On my Hopper 3 system, if I go to a show in Guide that is scheduled to record - Select button gives me options to Skip Event, Delete Series Timer, Edit Timer, or See Program Info. If the show is marked skip, Edit Timer is not an option. In Schedule - Select button lets me Skip or Edit Timer.

Thanks. I have seen that, but when I really want the option is when I am in DVR and have the cursor on a recorded show, in a folder, or when I have the show selected in a list such as the daily schedule.

Slave2Computers
Character Actor
redlite wrote:
After you go to DVR, you can use the Skip Forward or Skip Back buttons to navigate through the tabs, yes, I discovered this by accident.

That is useful. Not what I was looking for but definitely useful.