cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

electrical interference

bdad234
Extra
Here's an odd one:
The box fan I have in my bedroom is sometimes picking up the satellite signal. It seems to be acting like a remote speaker. The volume varies. Never really loud, but enough to keep me awake. My Dish boxes are unplugged, and the cables are disconnected. Any ideas?
3 Replies

Re: electrical interference

stile99
Cinematographer
Start with an old priest and a young priest...

bdad234
Extra
LOLOL

I researched it some more. Several folks on YouTube actually demonstrate in videos that if you touch the "audio" leads to the connections on an electric motor, the motor does indeed act as a speaker.

So, this morning I spent three hours tying to find any place where the audio data from my DVR could actually make contact with my electrical circuits. Note: no matter which outlets I plug into, I get the same result, and I have TWO separate breaker boxes and the two general circuits feed each side of the house (built an addition). BTW - it even affects my HVAC blower. And THAT crapped on me this afternoon.

Even with both DVR boxes completely unplugged, I got the same result, too. I suppose the audio could be coming directly from the dish, but the cables from the dish don't contact any electrical circuits, either. I'm stumped. But, I guess it really doesn't matter. I'm moving in a couple of weeks and I'm having Dish come out to unhook everything. I just really wanted to know if was electrical or demonical...

Thanks for the laugh.

Chadt41411
Casting Director
bdad234 wrote:
LOLOL

I researched it some more. Several folks on YouTube actually demonstrate in videos that if you touch the "audio" leads to the connections on an electric motor, the motor does indeed act as a speaker.

So, this morning I spent three hours tying to find any place where the audio data from my DVR could actually make contact with my electrical circuits. Note: no matter which outlets I plug into, I get the same result, and I have TWO separate breaker boxes and the two general circuits feed each side of the house (built an addition). BTW - it even affects my HVAC blower. And THAT crapped on me this afternoon.

Even with both DVR boxes completely unplugged, I got the same result, too. I suppose the audio could be coming directly from the dish, but the cables from the dish don't contact any electrical circuits, either. I'm stumped. But, I guess it really doesn't matter. I'm moving in a couple of weeks and I'm having Dish come out to unhook everything. I just really wanted to know if was electrical or demonical...

Thanks for the laugh.

They do not do deinstalls. For that you'd want a retailer.