dvr sound cuts out 1 second intermittent

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

dvr sound cuts out 1 second intermittent

Mdeaneva
Extra

when playing dvr recorded shows, every few minutes the sound cuts out 1 second at a time, its intermittent.  i have reset the hopper, checked all connections.  any help would be apprecited.  

4 Replies

Re: dvr sound cuts out 1 second intermittent

SKMO53
Extra

It may be the recording. my onair TV has been cutting out like that for a week. It happens all day on ABC.

tommyy2
Audio Engineer

"It may be the recording. my onair TV has been cutting out like that for a week. It happens all day on ABC."

If ABC has been cutting out audio all week on your TV I'd try to verify your TV ain't broke, watch ABC on another TV, or ask your neighbor if they have the same problem?

Tags (1)

ftempel
Extra

This has recently started with us.  I watched a show on live tv as it was being recorded.  When I did this, there was no stoppage.  When I went back and replaced the program from the DVR, there is a periodic pause (both audio and video) for a second or two or threee before it continues.  The disk passed the diagnostics.  The unit was unplugged for 20 seconds.

Now doing a partial reset to see if that works.

Arghhhhh

Nope...the problem continues.

mec1
Character Actor

I've been having the same problem with live TV and recordings.  Watching CNN (or any channel) there's a second of silence while someone is talking.  It happens on every channel I watch as well as on recordings. Really miss my old receiver! 

Just like the issue of not being able to play recordings from my hard drives (recorded on my former DISH receiver) now another issue.  Have reset the receiver but have little hope that it will work properly.  I think DISH needs some new software engineers dedicated to the Hopper issues.