dual receiver vip722k

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

dual receiver vip722k

needtoknow
Extra
The setting under system setup - hdtv setup is greyed out on #2. Why? Setting is available on #1
Tags (3)
4 Replies

Re: dual receiver vip722k

hddn
Visual Engineer
On the back there are HD outputs (HDMI and Component) for TV1, but not so for TV2, so I would expect the firmware settings to reflect that. This receiver dates to a time when there were probably still a LOT of SD TVs, especially as second/bedroom TVs.

Chadt41411
Casting Director
Did you replace a receiver recently? The 722 is used to replace solo receivers right now, but the tv2 is not used.

needtoknow
Extra
Chadt4141 wrote:
Did you replace a receiver recently? The 722 is used to replace solo receivers right now, but the tv2 is not used.

No I have had this receiver for quite a while and is used as a dual receiver. The reply from hddn seems to indicate this is just an old outdated receiver that does not accommodate two hdtv sets. I was hoping there was a way to have the setting available on set 2 but seems like that is not going to happen. I don't really want to replace the receiver and start a new contract period since I am not really happy with Dish and would like the freedom to try Direct if I want to go through the initial installation again.

Thank you both for your quick replies!!!

peggyrh
Associate Producer
722k has never had two HD outputs, only one. The second has always been SD. That's why many upgrade to a Hopper Joey system, so they can have two HD tv's.