dish on demand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

dish on demand

Im new to using this feature..so just been talking to customer support..i have tried to rent a movie twice now..so..they charge $6.99 for the movie..then it takes 5 to 8 hours to download it!. Using up all of my 10 mb data for the month!!..so far by the time it loads..i have to go to work..no time to watch!!..the guy at customer service was nice..even offered me a free movie..but this isnt a good system by any means!!..i cant believe its as popular as he said it is..does it take everyone this long to download?..and whats the point if im gonna get throttled for the rest of the month!!..much cheaper,faster,and easier to go to Redbox..what ill do from now on
2 Replies

Re: dish on demand

Also..took me 6 tries to submit this..my internet is constantely going in and out..usually i have to reconnect every 10 minutes while online..is this normal?..and how much data doesva reconnect use?..ive seen my data drop significantly every time it goes in and out

Re: dish on demand

Chadt41411
Casting Director
There are two types of VODs. The ones on channel 501 will not use any data and is accessible immediately. The other kind, as you found out, requires you to download the movie. It is based entirely on your connection. For instance, I have 150 Mbps internet, and wouldn't take anytime to download. Using satellite internet would not be recommended.