dish connection to AV receiver and Bose 6 system

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

dish connection to AV receiver and Bose 6 system

Scrapiron20
Extra

I have a JVC RX-662VBK receiver I need to connect it to a Dish VIP 612.  My attempts so far are connecting the Dish box to the AV receiver and the AV to the TV, a Sony smart TV.  Sound Is strong from one center speaker and weak from a rear speaker and no sound from the other speakers when set to Dolby surround sound.  When i switch the AV receiver to Hall sound I get a radio station playing back through even though the AV is set to TV sound.

1 Reply

Re: dish connection to AV receiver and Bose 6 system

harsh
Character Actor

If the receiver is injecting radio into your TV experience, that's not something you can fix with configuration changes.  If you live very close to a radio station broadcast tower, there may be something else at work, but if nothing else has changed since before this started, I reason that the receiver is kaput.

The JVC receiver needs to be put out to pasture after over 20 years of service (released in 1997) and replaced with a receiver capable of decoding Dolby Digital for proper surround sound.  Dolby Pro Logic was introduced in 1987 and pretty much went away with VHS tapes.