can the hopper 3 antenna adapter go bad?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: can the hopper 3 antenna adapter go bad?

tpribors
Audio Engineer
Zach S. wrote:
tpribors wrote:
Well, so far noone from DISH has acknowledged none of the problem I reported in the past few days. For this one all we get is suggestions like reset the box, rescan channels, etc. that have been done by many people with no success. The problem is not with the dongles but with the H3 software.

This does not appear on our known issues list. All reports are read by our tech ops team and then they try to duplicate the issue. It will get added to the list if they are able to duplicate the issue or if we have received a large number of reports. This currently does not appear to be a software issue since it does not appear on our known issues list.

Why does having at four different independent reports of the same problem not constitute enough to get the issue onto the known issue list? The assertion that it is not a software problem because there aren't enough reports is just avoiding the issue. Please read all of the reports.

This is becoming unusable. How can I revert the H3 software and prevent it from upgrading again?

Chadt41411
Casting Director
4 reports... 13 million customers. I will let you answer your own question.

tpribors
Audio Engineer
Chadt4141 wrote:

If so that's too bad. In my industry (of which Dish is a customer) two independent reports of an issue was enough for a problem to get assigned to me (engineering) for investigation.

Chadt41411
Casting Director
tpribors wrote:
Chadt4141 wrote:

If so that's too bad. In my industry (of which Dish is a customer) two independent reports of an issue was enough for a problem to get assigned to me (engineering) for investigation.

If they did that, they'd never get anything done.
Highlighted

scotar
Audio Engineer
tpribors wrote:
Chadt4141 wrote:

I agree with you tpribors. 4 reports on here translates to thousands of customers with the same problem that don't know about these forums, don't call, and also unconcerned.

But 4 posts of same problem on a forum warrants research.

tpribors
Audio Engineer
Until you look at the nature of the corruption carefully, the problem masquerades as poor antenna reception. I tried reorienting and swapping antennas to no avail until I spotted the time shift that happened. I mentioned it in another topic - the pixelated picture suddenly painted nearly a full screen's worth of what happened live many seconds earlier. Antenna quality issues can't do that. I also see that the picture portion is corrupted more often than sound. Most of the time when the picture is bad, the sound is correct. Sometimes the sound also drops out.

TPRIBORSA
Camera Crew
Former account lost so marking to subscribe.

Chadt41411
Casting Director
TPRIBORSA wrote:

You don’t have to post to the thread to subscribe. You can just click the subscribe button and it would be as if you posted, without the clutter

Roadijeff
Cinematographer
Chadt4141 wrote:
TPRIBORSA wrote:

You don’t have to post to the thread to subscribe. You can just click the subscribe button and it would be as if you posted, without the clutter

Correct and here's the location of that if anyone doesn't know where it is.

[img:192su1jc]https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/CAo37FNCsq6_Qg3HDz1yrI64ihU5Zo5HLVdmcdq-8EKMjn0dfryuMJVa16F5_K4Ni3wMCbU2CFuwuStYSpftljphn6XWv9wCsnGQtHW3bJ53rYSEk-tN81gPuc9s3DQeCZId0WR1eTCQ3Vn46ImWlTZoivRtBB8lmIQhFTTdP5t9-8o9tIqFmY7b17MKR63K-tgS6w35PL6ixnFoD_NtVLV5RhMnxgeAsnE1JCJqPz0teFAULI-xE4X0tI5YzjJ4aw0F7sgFuuExfn45ubcj2DnKQp7kMQfS2ygcmRcNdj_60TVlUoaIUx_C5QFgo-_6S395Z447E2239EqJDMA6JS_pkilARxdB-G9qDkSIkwIUm9RBko_psvtzWac07s-553Jg6FNaP_iuEF7VnO6Jd-giPpJAsSTN4vswL2dFLl7uXx0AVbN1cColzJgvE71E2M3YsMp69H5ugDE2IGELGHT3eWdhZVWr-xO3h8WzPpB4e9MChY96ndZykUu5aYSm0LU5uRv6WRpLPmpHJgUxtdoZP4dvcS9zEIAwg45V1eK0arfKlc7mx4v9hDfqKiRZNDRbz_S-KVHed_U9OaQEGS8b0RKhO4s2HCfl6qET8Q=w945-h497-no[/img:192su1jc]

AllThingsTV
Extra

I along with others posting here have lost the ability to bring up local stations using the OTA Digital Dongle!  This happened last year around the time of a software update of the Hopper I use.  My daughter had the same issue with her OTA module as well. I paid around $50 or so for the module when I had the Hopper installed originally several years ago. It worked flawlessly for such a long time, then it just quit!  I haven't had time to research the issue since, but it seems many have seen similar issues. This simply isn't right!  Something in the DISH receiver software has made the OTA module worthless!  I now have to bypass the Hopper and bring up the local channels through the TV tuner directly. I miss being able to DVR the local stations, especially the sub-channels like ThisTV, AntennaTV, and others not offered. The stations which are offered in the SD category on DISH are so compressed and are of such low quality, they're difficult to watch!