bluetooth connectivity with hopper and joey

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

bluetooth connectivity with hopper and joey

dlmax
Character Actor

Bluetooth connects to both my Beats studio and sennheiser PXC550 headphones just fine. Audio is great for about an hour, then intermittent noise  appears for a minute  or so, then audio disapears all together.

If I reboot the Hopper,  audio returns for a while. Then repeats!!

Whats happening???

Tags (3)
7 Replies
Highlighted

Re: bluetooth connectivity with hopper and joey

DISH Employee

Hello, dlmax. I am sorry to hear that you're having an issue with your Bluetooth headphones. I would be happy to find out what's causing this. Is this happening on a certain apps like Pandora, Netflix, or Youtube?

dlmax
Character Actor

The problem is happening on normal tv viewing or playback from previously recorded programs. Source of the audio has nothing to do with the problem. After audio stops I check buletooth settings and it inicates bluetooth  is still connected to my phones and my phones indicate they are still connected. The only way to restore audio is to reboot the hopper.

Iv'e seen some other posts that report similar occurences like this, but so far no solutions!

Thanks for any ideas !!

David

DISH Employee

Thank you for that information, dlmax. I do have a few ideas on what could be causing it. I just do need to know a little more about your setup. Are you connecting both sets of headphones to one receiver (Hopper/Joey) at the same time? 

dlmax
Character Actor

No! Was using my Beats at first, so I thought the problem was with them. I tried off and on for several weeks, with no luck. SO I assumed there some sort incompatabily with the version of Bluetooth on either the Beats or the Hopper. On that basis I purchased the Sennheiser Phones, with a newer version of Bluetooth, hoping for a better outcome!!

David

DISH Employee

Thank you for that information! I'd like to check some things with your equipment. Will you send a Private Message with your account/phone number and 4 digit security code, please? 

Here are the steps for sending a Private Message: https://communities.dish.com/t5/Communities-101/How-To-Send-a-Private-Message/td-p/15039

dlmax
Character Actor

I'm not sure exactly how to send a private message!! I've tried using the guide but to no avail!! Is there some other way I could convey the info you have requested?

David

DISH Employee

I do apologize, a Private Message is the most secure way to get your account information. I've sent a Private Message to you to start the conversation. Please let me know if you receive it.