backup hard drives dish does'nt care to listen

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

backup hard drives dish does'nt care to listen

i've archived MANY shows and movies onto 4 back-up hard drives for YEARS with dish, and one was completely ruined when i converted to hopper3 while 3 others work, BUT to get shows to open/watch you have to do MANY steps rather than start over or rejoin, you have to go to external(also which external will be what each time is a mystery, external 1 might be 2 next time verses ALL were what each was with 922, 722, and 622 receivers with hoppers3? who knows) then once you select external, you get your shows/icons(if your lucky at times it just says dish) then you choose show select play, and it's a TINY box at top, resolutioin, turn off receiver, REPEAT ALL STEPS AGAIN, and it SHOULD play. dish's response, we need to send a tech out, tech's response, all newer receivers are configured differently and will react differant than the others when pulling up dvr'd events recorded on another device. MY RESOLUTION, if dish can't universal their external hard drive deal, with ALL receivers, WHY keep dish or upgrade to ANYTHING past the welcome pack? the tech's that develope dish technology DO NOT care about previous technology working with new, and CERTAINLY by this DISH themselves care NOTHING about LONG TERM customers. SO why stay with dish? also i've asked for YEARS when the overnight reset of receivers are done to AUTO turn back onto channel it was on, NOT have to manually turn receiver back on by a human. these are just 2 things, there's SO many tech things that NO ONE at dish cares to resolve or even think when upgrading receivers to integrate from previous receivers, that WHY should we continue to PAY for this service if the provides DO NOT care to even THINK of listening? all i get are the same form letter reponses from both calls and e-mails and more. sad, cause i had HOPED to keep dish. and i WILL NEVER use sling(internet based programming that relys on speeds NOT satellite deivery. i guess i'll just go back to over the air FREEtv therte's so many channels FOR FREE now and they don't care about my $$$$$$ each month as dish does, dish TAKES my $$$$ BUT not my asks and issues for YEARS with the SAME ones over and over and over again. sad.