Youtube Videos Leaving Portion of Previous Scene Onscreen

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Youtube Videos Leaving Portion of Previous Scene Onscreen

Rich_McKay
Extra

I'm wondering if anyone else is experiencing a problem when watching Youtube videos.  A lot of times when a scene changes, the lower quarter of my TV screen retains the previous image, which is still and pixelated.  Sometimes it will disappear and I'll get a full picture again, other times it remains until another scene change happens and then I will have the full screen once again.  Then the cycle will repeat.

I'm at a loss to figure out whether there's an issue with my TV (this only happens when running the Youtube app), or if there's an issue with internet speed (8mbps) -- Netflix works great and has no video issues.

Or could this be something that's endemic to the Hopper 3?

Any ideas or similar problems experienced?  Any solutions?

R. McKay

Williston,FL

3 Replies

Re: Youtube Videos Leaving Portion of Previous Scene Onscreen

Chadt4141
Screen Writer
This is something that happens frequently on my iPhone. I think it is specific to YouTube coding

Rich_McKay
Extra

Interesting... I have watched the same videos (that didn't work well on the TV) on my Mac Laptop and haven't had the same issues.  

Roadijeff
Cinematographer

We were having problems when watching Amazon Prime videos on the TV a few months ago.  I replaced our old, outdated router and the problem went away.