YouTube playback on Joeys

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: YouTube playback on Joeys

Aratsei
Extra

Youtube was working (with casting features from both phone and PC) ont he first day everything got set up. Now youtube is only available on the main hopper. Youtube on my pc even still see's the joey as a streamable device just like before but the functionality is just gone now.

Chadt4141
Supporting Role
Since Youtube was brought to Dish, it has never been available on a Joey. This is a decision of Google.

johnthayerjr
Character Actor

This Stinks. Another provider among ATT, Xfinity, Direct TV got me. May the buyers beware. Seems all companies want to do something stupid as this. 

johnthayerjr
Character Actor

What is wrong with you  DISH. I have had a the providers and there is always something that stinks. Why this, YouTube on a Joey. GEE i have and account and can only watch it on one TV with dish. Have to use the built in APP on smart TV. We thought you were helping us DISH TV. does not make sense for the hopper to have YouTube and the Joeys NOT. Can you explain youself. 

johnthayerjr
Character Actor

Well we need an update Dish employee

DISH Employee

Hello, johnthayerjr. At this time, the YouTube app is not available on the Joeys, but we are always looking for ways to stay Tuned In To You! While we have no information or time frame if this app will be available on the Joeys in the future, we are delighted to froward this suggestion to our home office. Thanks for reaching out!

WESHAWKINS
Extra

Looks like I'm late to this discussion but I just found out that YouTube, as of 1,21,2020, is still not available on the Joey's.  When I purchased this system I was under the impression that what ever was on the main hopper would also be available on the Joeys. I'm trying learn guitar and need to do so in another room and YouTube would make this happen so not having YouTube on the Joeys is a problem.  When will it become available?

DISH Employee

We don't have any further information on this, weshawkins.

Chadt4141
Supporting Role
Likely never. Googles security requirement prevent it from happening, currently.