YouTube playback on Joeys

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: YouTube playback on Joeys

DISH Employee

At this time, YouTube is only available on the Hopper 3 and Hopper with Sling. We absolutely appreciate all feedback and suggestions on how we can improve the DISH experience for our customers, and we are always working on to get features that our customers enjoy. I can make sure to let our Engineering Team know about your suggestion and feedback! Thanks! 

d_stickman
Extra

This is unacceptable and should be addressed ASAP. It doesn't take two or three years to add a simple application to the Joey's. Seems like Dish wants to force us to use other things besides YouTube. 

Chadt4141
Screen Writer
It’s been addressed. It is a hardware issue. There is no expectation that youtube ever be made available on the Joey, although can remain a hope.

ewisniew
Extra

FWIW, I got a new installation today.  After tech left I started exploring.  I had youtube on my Joey. Both it and Netflix worked.  Neither worked on the Hopper and I was getting 1287. 

Unplugged both for 10+ seconds.  Restarted Hopper and Netflix and Youtube worked.  Restarted the Joey and Youtube was gone.  It was up on the Joey briefly, but it appears to be one or the other and glitch driven.

Poooterman
Extra
Why isn’t Youtube available on Joey? If it’s on the hopper, put it on Joey as well.
Highlighted

Donjohnson
Character Actor
Sorry if this lands under ur reply comment-i don't see a spot for standalone comments. Being fairly efficient, going through program setups, i've just spent half a day going through this joeys settings & a few apps on my phone AND ONLY NOW I'VE MANAGED TO SQUEEZE OUT THIS OBVIOUS CARNATION OF HUMAN DETESTABILITY- No YouTube for Joey eh- OH. WAIT- I MEAN... "U NOW have access to YouTube on The Hopper w/ Sling"...
No, apparently i got DISH- The hopper don't hop & the sling... must be in tha pouch bc Joey got left in the Outback, fendin for himself.
My Rating: "TWO- STARS! - outta fifteen..." Smiley Very Happy

HullaDancer
Character Actor
Shhh! Please! Do not give Dish any nefarious ideas! :-)

HullaDancer
Character Actor
Shhh! Please! Do not give Dish any nefarious ideas! I like my Netflix on Joey. :-)