YouTube and Netflix don’t work on my hopper3

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: YouTube and Netflix don’t work on my hopper3

DISH Employee

Hello, Jmcgregor. I understand going without the Youtube feature has been extremely frustrating. We do not charge anything for the use of any of the apps (Pandora, Netflix, Youtube, etc). These features are provided based on the Hopper you have. There does seem to be an issue with the software, and because of this we are relying on our Engineering Team to find a solution to this issue. We haven't forgotten about any of the issues with the apps. We are still working everyday on trying to find what's causing these issues and resolve them. At this time, we still don't have an updated timeline when they will be resolved.

Mark355
Extra

I just upgraded from a 722 which failed for the second time. Smiley Sad  I was going to get the Hopper Duo, but I decided to go with the Hopper with Sling....one of the main reasons was because of the YouTube app on the reciever itself so I didn't have to shell out of the reciever feed and go to my TV to recieve YouTube and NetFlix.  True you say you don't charge for the apps on the reciever, but, it might make someone decide to go with a version that has it.  Then for it not to work, really?  Looks like you needed to spend a bit more time in beta, before you advertise an app that doesn't work. 

DISH Employee

We absolutely get where you're coming from, Mark355. I'd love to check some things with you to see if we can get the YouTube App working for you. 

Will you give me a little more details with what's going on when you try accessing it, please?

Dollbabies
Extra
We just had one installed today. We are having the same problem. Can't watch Netflix either except on the joey. Said they are working on it

Jmcgregor
Extra
I have the same issue and have complained and was basically told "we are working on it" but in researching old threads it appears you have been working on it 2 years. My issue is launching the channels Youtube and Netflix It just hangs with a black screen and never does anything. It never did that when I got talked into upgrading to the Hopper with Sling for the first 3 months. Just decided to do it during a software upgrade. Fix it or give me a new Hopper!!!!!!!! I am paying for thies feature. Yeah I know you say tjere is no extra charge. Its built imto the already high price.
Highlighted

DISH Employee

I get your frustration, Jmcgregor. I'd love to check some things with your equipment. Will you send me a Private Message with your account/phone number and 4 digit security code, please? 

Here are the steps for sending a Private Message: https://communities.dish.com/t5/Communities-101/How-To-Send-a-Private-Message/td-p/15039

Mark355
Extra

I'll reply via direct contact as well when I have some time.

DN
Character Actor

That doesn't work. Any other suggestiuons?

DN
Character Actor

@LatrishaR wrote:

This issue has been reported to our Engineering Team. Once a resolution has been reached, they will release the fix in a nightly update. At this time, we do not have an estimated time frame of when this will be resolved. At this time, the work around that we have is to reset Netflix back to its default setting, then reset the Hopper by unplugging it for 10 seconds from the electrical outlet then plugging it back, and then to reset all remaining Joeys by also unplugging for 10 seconds and then plugging it back in. 

That doesn't work. Any other suggestiuons?

DISH Employee

Hello DN, thank you for informing us that you are still having these issues. Our engineering team is still working on finding a resolution for this situation. Once a resolution has been reached, they will release the fix in a nightly update. At this time, we do not have an estimated time frame of when this will be resolved.