Xbox one and Hopper 3 not working together..

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Xbox one and Hopper 3 not working together..

Dawson9a
Character Actor

Can anyone provide some insight in what I need to do to get my Hopper 3 recognized by my Xbox one? Just upgraded yesterday and the Xbox one is not working with the Hopper3. No issues with the Hopper with sling but now trying to get the Xbox one reconfigured, it's not recognizing the Hopper 3. I'm in Carroll County MD. I understand it won't pass through 4K signals, etc. But I still have my HDtV connected until I get a new 4K next month. Any help would be appreciated!!

Thanks guys!

Tags (3)
7 Replies

Re: Xbox one and Hopper 3 not working together..

Chadt41411
Casting Director
You’d have to contact Microsoft for that. It may not be able to work together.

Dawson9a
Character Actor
They work together, I just need to know what people did to get them to work. Anyone???

Chadt41411
Casting Director
Have you tried contacting Microsoft?

Dawson9a
Character Actor

Yes. And now I'm asking the Dish community!

e38BimmerFN
Cinematographer
I presume MS would and should know how to get there game console connected to the DISH Hopper.

I presume there is a networking configuration needed as well. Try connecting the Hopper and Xbox to a external network Gig Switch with LAN cables.

Dawson9a
Character Actor

Is there anyone who actually has a hopper3 going through their Xbox one??? That's who I'd like to hear from... thank you

e38BimmerFN
Cinematographer

https://www.reddit.com/r/xboxone/comments/1mldie/using_dish_network_and_a_hopper_with_the_xbox_one/

https://www.satelliteguys.us/xen/threads/hopper-3-and-xbox-one-issues.357334

Users probably in this forum don't have an xbox or have on connected to the Hopper. I recommend contacting MS and asking them specifically on how there console works and how they use there pass thru HDMI connections on there console. Again, it's there console and would need to start with MS first as it's there console to support and have knowledge of there HW. DISH just passes video and audio via HDMI to end point devices like TVs or AVRs.