Wrong data guide for OTA WNDY 23, Indianapolis area

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wrong data guide for OTA WNDY 23, Indianapolis area

mrc54
Character Actor

Here in the Indianapolis area, WNDY 23 recently started channel sharing with WISH 8. After the switch, the data guide is wrong. WNDY now shows the WISH data. I have a 722K with OTA tuner and on the flex with no locals. My mother has 722K with no OTA tuner. On locals, her WNDY 23 data is correct. So there must by something wrong on your end. If I would add locals for a day on the flex, do you think that would fix the WNDY 23 data problem?

Tags (2)
8 Replies

Re: Wrong data guide for OTA WNDY 23, Indianapolis area

d4g4m
Visual Engineer

The info that is on the DISH guide and your local guide are not supplied or written by DISH or your local channel. Both have separate companies that supply the info. Contact the local channel that has the problem.

mrc54
Character Actor

When viewing WNDY 23 thru the OTA tuners built into the TV's, the information is right. This is a Dish only problem that happened after channel sharing.

DISH Employee

Hey, mrc54. Are both channel 8 and channel 23 showing the same information on your DISH Guide? Or, is it that 23 is showing random Guide information?

mrc54
Character Actor

Yes, 8 and 23 show the same data guide. Channel 8 is on 9.1 and 23 is on 9.6 broadcast frequencies.

DISH Employee

Thank you, mrc54. Have you already tried to re-scan your locals and update your guide to see if that helps?

mrc54
Character Actor

Yes, I have deleted 8 and 23, rescanned. Same problem, wrong data for 23. Your engineers need to fix this problem!!

DISH Employee

Mrc54, it looks like you have performed all of the steps available for your issue. I am sorry to hear you are having this issue with receiving the correct channel information. 

Please keep in mind that DISH cannot guarantee the quality of the signal and the specific over-the-air local channel broadcasts you will receive. Over-the-air local channel broadcast reception may vary and may be influenced by the nearest over-the-air channel broadcast towers near your home. 

mrc54
Character Actor

You can control the data put out by Dish, that is all I ask, fix the data problem for WNDY 23 OTA.