Wrong data guide for OTA WNDY 23, Indianapolis area

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Wrong data guide for OTA WNDY 23, Indianapolis area

I'm new customer to Dish as I left DirecTV after 10 years.   I live in the Lansing Michigan area.  Channel 53-1 is an ABC affiliate and its' subchannel 53-2 is a CW affiliate.  Channel 53 is normally included in the locals provided over the satellite.  However there is a contract negotiating going on and channel 53 is off air at this time.

I am using the provided OTA USB tuner provided by Dish.  My Hopper 3 and OTA tuner has been operating for almost two weeks.  Channel 53-1 and 53-2 scan and are being received with a strong signal.  In the guide channel 53-1 shows up as a CBS affiliate and 53-2 is not recognized as a CW affiliate.

How do I get this fixed?  Hard to believe that ABC 53-1 is providing CBS guide information over the air when they are ABC and CW.   There are no other TV sources for CW within 50 miles.  Would really like this to work.

FWIW all the information for OTA channels and subchannels worked fine with DirecTV and I'm not for the moment complaining about all the other channels and subchannels that are missing guide information.

2 Replies

Re: Wrong data guide for OTA WNDY 23, Indianapolis area

Wheller
Character Actor
Long story short, there's really nothing substantial you or Dish can do. This guide data is sent over the air from the TV station itself. The only real option is to contact the management of WNDY and report it to them.

Re: Wrong data guide for OTA WNDY 23, Indianapolis area

So what you are telling me is that the problem is likely that the ABC channel 53 is send out CBS guide information?