Wireless Joeys losing connection to Hopper 3

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Wireless Joeys losing connection to Hopper 3

psoftbill
Extra

Adding a quick note as Dish was able to resolve issue.

Because of the number of wireless Joeys I have installed at my house (4) Dish had to install 2 wireless access points. The issue is related to the Joey's fighting over one WAP as opposed to them being setup to access one or the other. The tech that came out was able to identify the issue and configure each Joey to access either wap1 or wap2. 

Since the tech was out I have not had any issues with the Joeys losing connection.

Thank you Dish. 

DISH Employee

Psoftbill, I'm so happy to hear that your issue was resolved! 

ryes31
Extra

Aah, that's awesome psoft! Glad they got it worked out for you.

My issue is still completely unresolved and ongoing. I only have 2 wireless Joeys so I can't imagine that they are having trouble connecting to one access point. One of my wireless Joeys is literally 5 feet above my access point, yet it loses connection anywhere from 7-12 times per day. I have the TV on in my office all day while I'm working, and it loses the connection incredibly often. Sometimes it's within 10 minutes of restarting the access point, and sometimes it's 3-4 hours. It's completely random timing and unpredictable.

Luckily I've got the access point plugged into a WeMo plug so I can just turn it off/on with my phone, but it's incredibly frustrating when I have to do it so often, and then wait 5 minutes for the TV signal to come back on.

I don't know what else to do. I've had multiple technicians out, who all think they've solved the problem, but it never gets resolved. I can't believe I'm still paying extra money for wireless Joeys that don't even work properly.

PatOne
Extra

Not sure if this is your issue, but my Joey's would lose connection to my access point 2 and the hopper 3 whenever I turned off the tv connected to the hopper 3. Issue started intermittently but within 2 weeks, every time.

I had a cat 5/6 cable running from the tv to the ethernet port on the hopper plugged in just below the access point cat 5/6 cable. I beleive I was sharing my dedicated 5ghz wifi from the tv to the hopper or vice versa.

I unplugged that cable and it appears to have resolved the issue.

Not sure why it started but may be related to some update to the smart tv or the hopper. Or some impending failure...

Hope this helps.

notsogreat
Camera Crew

My Joey is still disconnecting.  Been doing it since I started with DISH.  I've tried everything. I have changed my system to reset at 1:00pm so I could see it happen. No help from DISH.  I've tried all their "solutions".   I can't wait until my contract is up.

notsogreat
Camera Crew

I've also been paying $9.00 for their "Dish Protect Silver"....waste of money!

2325pilgrim
Extra
The exact problem is taking place with me; rep came out and replaced all major components, thought it was fixed and a day later a freeze frame. Times are sporadic and problems continue.

DISH Employee

I can certainly understand why having a technician out to just have this issue continue is rather frustrating! I know I definitely would feel that way! I would be more than happy to see how I can help with this. Can you send me a Private Message with your phone number and 4-digit PIN please?