Wireless Joeys losing connection to Hopper 3

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Wireless Joeys losing connection to Hopper 3

psoftbill
Extra

I am new to Dish and have several TV's in my house (4 - SD Wireless Joeys, 2 - 4K wireless Joeys, 1 - Hopper 3, and 2 - wireless access points). I am having this exact issue with the SD wireless joeys whereas the 4k Joeys maintain connection without a problem. I basically have to unplug and plug in the wireless access points to reboot them as the WPS button does not work (flashing wireless LED on front of WAP when going through the WPS Setup at the SD Joey) unless I unplug it.

I have had a technician out once already with another coming out next week however, after reading this topic it appears to me the issue is a firmware bug that the technician will NOT be able to fix. This is an engineering issue Dish should be open with their customers about if they really wanted to provide the best customer service so we can stop wasting our time calling and venting about the same thing over and over.

And for those of you thinking about moving to Directv, I came from Directv after being with them for many years, what I will tell you is that they too are having firmware issues with the newer Genie that have been ongoing for the 9 months I had the newest system. Basically the TV would take 1-5 minutes to turn on and it would freeze intermittenly. So in comparison, though this all is very frustrating, Dish is still in my opionion the lesser of two evils at this point.

Welcome to the 21st century where software bugs seem to rule.

Dish - Please provide an ETA of when we can expect a real fix to this issue as opposed to saying what you think we want to hear.

notsogreat
Camera Crew

"Dish - Please provide an ETA of when we can expect a real fix to this issue as opposed to saying what you think we want to hear".....AGREED!   I tried all their "solutions".  Waste of time.

The "real" scoop see this and then try Direct.

https://www.consumeraffairs.com/cable_tv/dish_network.html?preview_review=4226123

If link doesn't go through go to consumeraffairs.

notsogreat
Camera Crew

Oh, wow I got another useless "badge"  LMAO

DISH Employee

We can look to get this Joey replaced to see if it corrects the issue. If you will, please Private Message us with your account/phone number and 4 digit security code, so we can assist you further. For instructions on how to message us click here: https://communities.dish.com/t5/help/faqpage and select "Private Message".

texassecure
Extra

I had a tech out last week for this same issue.  He replaced the AP and everything looked solid.  I went back to work and turned the TV off.  When I came back and turned on again about 4 hours later, the problem was back again.  I have had Dish for almost 20 years and between this issue and HBO, I am seriously thinking about making a switch.  I just want to be able to watch tv in my office.  Techs never wanted to run cable to it, so they gave me the wireless.  This just started a little over a month ago.  I am begging for assistance.

DISH Employee

Hi, texassecure! I hate to hear that you are having some issues with the Wireless Joey. That is something that we don't want our customers to experience! I will be happy to assist and resolve any concerns! 

What kind of error code comes up on the Wireless Joey once you turned it back on? This can be found on the top right corner.

Troubled
Extra
I've had the same issue. We have had 4 different technicians come out in 3 weeks. Each one say it was something different one even said it was our electric so we had to have an electrician come out. We even had them to wire the Joey's to see if that would help. No luck. We've been customers for 13 years and this is so frustrating. We had a tech out today and within a couple hours it is down again. We have another tech scheduled to come back on Wednesday tech #5 not even counting the one that did the install. This is VERY disappointing. How do we get out of our contract to find a provider that will not continue to lose connection.

Troubled
Extra
Please advise....posting so I can receive an email

DISH Employee

Hello, we would hate to lose you as a valued DISH customer. I know technical issues can be frustrating. I'd like to review the notes on your account. Can you please send me a private message with your phone number and 4 digit security code?

notsogreat
Camera Crew

Is your joey disconnecting when you use your TV sleep timer or just randomly? I have now put a mechanical on/off timer on the TV instead of using the TV's internal sleep timer.  Appears to resolve the problem when watching Netflix.  I’m still experimenting with other modes of operation. If you do proceed with the private message and perform all the steps to a “solution”, please advise the rest of us here.  Thanks.