cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Wireless Joeys losing connection to Hopper 3

notsogreat
Camera Crew

PS:

Oddly enough the problem also occurs when TV and Joey are off, TV alone is turned on, sleep timer is set, Amazon Prime or Netflix is accessed through the TV’s apps.  Wake up and no Joey connection.

DISH Employee

This is a problem that can occur with a wired Joey, notsogreat. Have you had a replacement Joey installed since the issue started?

notsogreat
Camera Crew

I have only had the service for ~4 weeks.  I saw all equipment come out of the box.  I asked if it was all new and if any was reburbished.  It all had the original packaging.  AARGH!

DISH Employee

We definitely don't want you to have to reboot your whole system every day. We can definitely take a look at other options to get this resolved for you. Can you please us a Private Message so we can look into that?

notsogreat
Camera Crew

So what do you want me to do, repeat it all over again?  Send it to whom?  Why don't you send me a pm and I'll respond.

DISH Employee

For directions on sending a Private Message, please follow: https://communities.dish.com/t5/Communities-101/How-To-Send-a-Private-Message/td-p/15039 

notsogreat
Camera Crew

why don't you detail an answer here so we all can benefit?  What is it a sceret that must be earned?

DISH Employee

No secret, just a link for future reference that some like to save as a 'Favorite' 

Here are the steps:
1.Sign in to the community.
2.Click the message count or envelope icon to go to your Private Messages Inbox.
3.Click Compose New Message.
4.Enter the recipient's name (KarolenaP) in the Send to area.
5.Enter the subject for the message in the Message Subject area.
6.Type the reply in the Message Body editor.
7.Click Send Message.

notsogreat
Camera Crew

I thought it was obvious that you should detail the solution to the problem (joey disconnecting) and not how to send a private message!

notsogreat
Camera Crew

Here is what I received via private message.  Anyone want to through these hoops.  I'd be interested if it's other than a waste of time.

I have read the comments posted. With everything, I do not see anyone ask or post if they have;

1. Swapped out the Ethernet cable

2. Try a different port on the Hopper 

3. Verify which Access Point they have ( located on the back of the Access Point [1 or 2]) 

4. See if the Access Point has been replaced 

5. A Tech go out 

"tech go out" As I posted:  they don't have a clue.

Enjoy your "1303" and be quite.