Wireless Joeys losing connection to Hopper 3

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wireless Joeys losing connection to Hopper 3

ryes31
Extra

I'm at my wit's end here. Ever since I got two Wireless Joeys, I've had a problem with them losing connection to the Hopper 3 and/or the Wireless Access Point. Sometimes it's days before it happens, sometimes it's 10-20 minutes. There's no consistency, there's no pattern to it, it's all at random times.

Sometimes it'll be right when I'm watching TV. The picture will freeze, then the error message will pop up. I can't remember the code, but it's one of two error messages- either "Looking for Hopper" or "Can't connect to wireless access point" - something like that.

I've had multiple conversations with Dish reps who have had me do everything in the book, with no success. I've had TWO technicians come out. The first one replaced the WAP with a brand new one. Still had the same problem, although for the most part it would last at least 6-8 hours before disconnecting.

I had the second technician come this morning. He said the problem was the Hopper, so he replaced it with a brand new one.

He just left an hour ago, and now the problem is even worse. Now my wireless Joeys won't stay connected for longer than 5-6 minutes at a time. It's driving me absolutely insane, and I don't know what else to do. I'm paying all this money for Dish service when 2 of my 5 TV's won't even work.

Any suggestions from this point on? Since obviously replacing equipment isn't doing anything?

2 Replies

Re: Wireless Joeys losing connection to Hopper 3

DISH Employee

Hi ryes31. That's definitely odd for it to come back right after a technician leaves, especially when it comes back worse than before. Have you seen any improvement in those 2 Joeys since last night? 

Also, have you been able to catch the error message that it's giving you? The number should be in the top right corner of the pop-up message.

Re: Wireless Joeys losing connection to Hopper 3

Datbme
Extra
I am having the same problem. I have been with Dish for 5 weeks and this problem persist. going to send a Tech out but it won't be for at least a week. Poor service