cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Wireless Joeys losing connection to Hopper 3 Code 1303

PatOne
Extra

My joey's began randomly losing connection to the access point 2 and my hopper 3 producing the 1303 error screen. Sometimes it would fix itself, but I increasingly had to push the wps button on the access point and reset the hopper. Then the joey's started losing connection whenever I turned off the tv that is connected to the hopper.

After changing hdmi cables and switching inputs to no avail, I realized I had a cat 5/6 cable connecting the ethernet port on the tv to one of the two ports on the hopper - I beleive I was sharing the dedicated 5ghz wifi from the tv to the hopper or vice versa.

I unplugged that cable (not the patch cable running to the access point) from the hopper and voila! all is good.

Perhaps an update caused the issue to start.

Hope this helps.

5 Replies

Re: Wireless Joeys losing connection to Hopper 3 Code 1303

jweeks915
Extra

Ours had been working perfectly for almost 2 years but started doing the same thing this weekend. I can reset all the devices and it will work for 10-15 minutes ... then the 1303 error comes back. Support is not doing much to help us.. keep going thru the same reset process.

DISH Employee

I know the frustration that accompanies technical issues such as this.We definitely want to get your Joey back in proper working order so that you can enjoy your service on this receiver free of any interruptions. Can you  please provide me with your phone number, and security pin in a private message so that I may access your account?

ddegraff
Extra

I am also having the same issues, and spent the better part of 8 hours on the phone with DISH trying to fix it last week Sunday.

We regained connectivity randomly the next day so we canceled our service call but then tried to get OnDemand and Netflix and got the error again.

I am so BEYOND frustrated. This worked fine until we had to swap out our router. 

DISH Employee

Hey, ddegraff. I hate to hear you are having a 1303 message! This message happens when the Joey is attempting to link to Hopper. This is an issue with the MoCA signal. The router change would not cause this message to appear. Can you send me a private message with your phone number and 4-digit pin to look into this further? 

Here is a link with step-by-step instructions on how to send a PM: https://communities.dish.com/t5/Communities-101/How-To-Send-a-Private-Message/td-p/15039

bear350
Camera Crew

Hello did you figure out the Joey yet.   I found something very interesting the other day,  Mine works fine all the time but the other day my power surged just enough to shut my HD television off but not the Hopper 3  but both joeys in the house lost signal and I had to disconnect the Hopper 3 and the joeys for about 2 minutes and they came back on, I did turn hopper on first then one joey at a time.

I writing this to help most people here, just a small spike in power will cause you Joey to lose a signal to Hopper 3 I am pretty sure that is the problem.  I will post if that happens again but from what I 've seen that was a issue and has nothing to do with Dish Network.  

I have a Friend I turned on to this system to and they keep losing  signal on joey in bedroom and has an old house with poor wiring I am going to tell him to try and find a better power source or to buy a box that keeps power going during a small surge and will not lose power for Milliseconds of power spikes or loss.  

I'll keep you all posted but I am pretty sure that is a problem with loss on the Joey.   I sure hope this help out  Smiley Happy