Wireless Joeys Freezing

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wireless Joeys Freezing

RoscoeJenkins
Character Actor
My wireless Joeys keep freezing, saying there is an issue with the access point, then immediately after that error, another error pops up stating that the Joey cannot be found.

Dish came out three seprerate times, but there has been no fix. The last tech told me this is a software issue, due to the last update, as we verified with all the other techs, there is not a wireless issue.
Anyone else have this issue? Are they just feeding me lies? I was told to expect a fix on the next software update in mid January.
14 Replies

Re: Wireless Joeys Freezing

DISH Employee

Sorry to hear you are having these problems Roscoe.  Just to verify, is the Wireless Joey Access Point connected directly to your Hopper, or is it in a different room?

RoscoeJenkins
Character Actor
It is in a different room. It has worked for a year and a half without issue, until the recent update. The acess point and the hopper were both replaced.

The tech told me this was a known issue with the most recenr uodate. Is there truth to that?

RoscoeJenkins
Character Actor
Moreover, each texh has verified a strong signal. I cant imagine both Joeys would break at the same time. Also, both joeys sre less than 30 feet from the access point.

DISH Employee

Do you know if either Tech tried moving the Access Point to be direct connected by Ethernet to the Hopper? 

RoscoeJenkins
Character Actor
No, the way the house is set up the wifi will not reach the basement. Again, it isnt a wireless issue. It started happening after the last update.

RoscoeJenkins
Character Actor
Moreover, I keep hearing this from Dish. I bought wireless Joey's so I could be wireless. It worked for abyear and a half and not a single bnb piece of equipmebt moved. So, what is the only variable that changed? The update.

Dcombs
Extra
Having same issue dish has came out 2 different times and leave and same issue still at hand. Said it was a signal issue change out the dish outside the house because it had a “dent”! Still no fix still freezes. Thinking about switching if they aren’t going to resolve the issue! Have not had a problem for almost 2 years.

DISH Employee

Are you also having an issue with your wireless Joeys, Dcombs?

warrior234
Extra

Yes, mine has been doing it for a week or so. I already talked to Dish about it the other day. Been having Joey issue since the Dec 11 software push.