Wireless Joey won't connect to internet

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Wireless Joey won't connect to internet

Chadt41411
Casting Director
Does the WJ have the new software as well?
Highlighted

Community Manager
Community Manager
Simply place the receiver on Stand By for the time being.

My wireless Joey's are exhibiting the same problem:  no internet connection through the Hopper when using Netflix.

I called Tech Support and we went through quite few steps to try to resolve it.  In the long run, they put in a service ticket to look into software issues.

You'd think this would have been tested prior to the release of the latest software updates and/or the wireless joey's. 

If anyone has actually resolved this issue, it would be great to see their solutions on this forum.

Ebgintx
Extra

Resolved the issue:  inserted a WNDA3100 Wireless N-Band WiFi adapter into the USB port on the back of the Joey.  Adapter is available from DISH.  Go to settings and setup the wireless network connection to the router.  Much easier than the Hopper reset/update fal-de-rah.

Moeman
Extra
How do we get these because our joeys (all4) haven’t worked for quite some time? They just quit!

DISH Employee

Good morning, Moeman! I would be happy to help you get these adapters ordered from the DISH store for you. To keep your account information secure, please send me a private message with the phone number and 4 digit security code. 

You can also access the DISH store directly from your myDISH account online here: https://www.mydish.com/upgrades/products/remotes-accessories

For step by step instructions on how to send a private message, just click here: https://communities.dish.com/t5/Communities-101/How-To-Send-a-Private-Message/td-p/15039

Farmhand
Character Actor
So let me get this straight: even though the Joey's have WiFi and even though they are connected to the internet via the hopper, and it shows that in the network diagnostics that it is getting to the internet, we still need an adapter to get to the internet for Netflix? Currently I'm using a wireless Joey. Is it the same if I'm wired? This is kinda silly. Was it always like this?

DISH Employee

Farmhand, are you experiencing issues with your wireless Joey connecting to the internet? If so, we can take a further look into this for you. What do you see on your TV screen? Are you receiving an error message that says you are not connected to the internet?

Farmhand
Character Actor
Correct. My wireless Joey is connected to the base, the network diagnostics page says I'm connected and when I go to Netflix I get "you may not be connected to the internet. Make sure your connection is working And try again. Code nw-1-1000

DISH Employee

Are you seeing any issues on other apps, or for example, when you try to download a free On Demand show at the Wireless Joey? Do you see this same issue on the Hopper when trying to access Netlfix?