cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Re: Wireless Joey won't connect to internet

Farmhand
Character Actor
I am able to watch on demand shows on the Joey and Netflix on the hopper without any issues...

DISH Employee

Can you please go to the Hopper room, turn on the TV and receiver, then press the Home/Menu button three times. It will take you to a "Diagnostics" page. Can you scroll down to "Status", then select "Send Status", then "Test Connections". Can you tell me what the Internet is downloading at? 

Farmhand
Character Actor

Sure.  But Im not sure what that is going to prove.  As I said, on the Hopper device I can always use Netflix.  The only device that has issues is the wireless Joey.

That said.....  when i did what you asked...it was 8Mb

DISH Employee

Thank you. I can understand that your Hopper isn't experiencing the issue, however, the Joey receives all of its information from the Hopper. 

At your Joey, can you press the Home button three times or the Menu button twice, select Receiver, select Host Receiver. What is listed in the "Host Receiver" field?

At the Hopper, using your DISH remote, press the SAT button, the Home button three times or the Menu button twice, select Status, select Check Status, select Yes. The field "Internet Status" should say "Connected" with a green checkmark. Is that correct?

Farmhand
Character Actor

On the Joey..  it says "Hopper with Sling LivingRoom 1"

On the Hopper...  When following your instructions Internet status is Connected

Again, this issue seems to be limited to Netflix on the wireless Joey.  I tested on the wired Joey and Netflix works.

If I was guessing Id say that Netflix seems to want its own connection to the internet and doesnt want the proxy of the Hopper in between....

As a reminder....the wireless joey is able to watch content from all the On Demand channels available to it.

DISH Employee

Thank you for providing this information. I will be able to fill out a report for our Engineering Team to let them know that you are experiencing this issue. I will provide them with the details that you have provided for us so that they can work on recreating the issue and finding a permanent solution. Please send me a Private Message with the phone number and 4 digit PIN on your account so that we can submit this information for you. You can use this link for more information on how to send a Private Message: https://communities.dish.com/t5/Communities-101/How-To-Send-a-Private-Message/td-p/15039

Amber8463
Extra

I am receiving the nw-1-1000 error code on one of my wireless joeys. My wireless Joey had to be replaced recently due to it wasn’t powering on. I set it all up and now I get this code. My hopper and other wireless Joey work fine and connect to Netflix though I have always had issues with it loading several times while trying to watch Netflix. Tech support said they have never heard of this error code yet I have seen a few people post about it on here going back a couple years. I just want it to work or I will be switching my service.

DISH Employee

That's not good, Amber8463! We would be more than happy to assist you with looking into this issue. Can you tell me what the current software is on the Wireless Joey that's having the issue with Netflix?