cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Wireless Joey turns off at 1:00 AM

carouselgirl
Extra
My hopper daily reset time is set to 4:00 AM. However, my wireless Joey turns off every night/morning at 1:00 AM for 3 minutes. This happens if I have a show recording or not. It’s so annoying! Any idea why it’s doing this or how to stop it? Is it possible to change the time it happens?
Tags (1)
3 Replies

Re: Wireless Joey turns off at 1:00 AM

peggyrh
Associate Producer

I've been complaining about this for more than a year with nothing changing.  Tried everything support suggested but nothing made a difference.  I finally gave up & switched to a wired Joey, no more problems.  I own my wireless joey & only activate it in the warmer months now & use it on a sun porch.  Ridiculous that they can't fix their own equipment.

DISH Employee

Hi carouselgirl! I know how something like this can be frustrating. I will go ahead and submit your feedback over to our technical operations team to see about getting that turned around. 

By default, the receivers are set to reset at 1 AM. Have you changed the reset time at the Hopper? The Hopper sends all of the information to the Joeys. 

peggyrh
Associate Producer
Did you even read my response? Makes no difference what time is set on the Hopper, still does it & has for over a year, there are lots of reports of it happening. I worked with a knowledgeable support rep over & over, even replaced the wireless Joey. They are defective & it does no good to "report it" again, no one will ever fix it.