Wireless Joey's losing connection to Hopper

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wireless Joey's losing connection to Hopper

corbat
Character Actor
Called Dish about 2 weeks ago about this and they said it's an issue with the hopper but I still am losing connection to my wireless joey's at least daily. Turning into a waste of money since 2 of the 4 tv's we have can;t get a signal. Any ideas?
16 Replies

Re: Wireless Joey's losing connection to Hopper

peggyrh
Associate Producer
My wireless joey loses connection to the Hopper 3 at night (1 am reset, even though it isn't supposed to do it anymore), been doing it since October. Replaced the wireless access point & it still does it - I don't hold out much hope it's going to get fixed anytime soon, no one knows why it's happening.

corbat
Character Actor
Yeah, but the bills keep coming, huh!!?? Half of my TV's don't even work but all of my bills keeps getting paid...

What message shows? Is this constant?
---------------------------------
Matt "Speedy" Gonzales | Moderator

corbat
Character Actor
It says the Joey has lost connection. I'm not in front of it right now...

e38BimmerFN
Cinematographer
How far away is the Joey from the Hopper?

Do you have the Hopper connected to a main host router for it's internet connection or using a LAN cable? Lan cable is recommended for the Hopper.

I don't use wireless for my 3 joeys, LAN cable connected. I understand that not everyone can do this. You might try this just as a quick test to see if the Joey can connect to the Hopper using a LAN cable thru the main host router or a external LAN network switch.

peggyrh
Associate Producer
Wireless joeys are meant to be wireless, they don't have a way to connect with a cable - they're connected through the Dish wireless access point - which is connected to the Hopper by an ethernet cable.

Mine isn't very far from the Hopper3 (house isn't that big) & worked perfectly for months until last October, since then every few nights at 1am it loses the connection & does the old (pre H3) nightly update reset - abrupt frozen screen, then black screen (no warning), then message 1503, then I have to wait until it reconnects - tried everything Mike H has suggested several times, finally replaced the access point, still does it.

Matt if you know something else to try, let me know.

e38BimmerFN
Cinematographer
Roger that. I'll keep this in mind. I remember you and others had issues with these wireless Joeys here and there.

Something you might want to consider if this is a continuing problem. Get you a wired joey. Then you can connect these joeys to wireless media bridges or LAN wired cable to the Hopper using a main host wireless router. I have one of my 3 joeys connected to a wireless bridge in the room which that connects to a wireless AP. Works well for this unit. ;)

Hope DISH will get this fixed. Again. :?

corbat
Character Actor
Matthew:
Can I attach a photo of the error? If so, how?

xfoneguy50
Audio Engineer
peggyrh wrote:
Wireless joeys are meant to be wireless, they don't have a way to connect with a cable - they're connected through the Dish wireless access point - which is connected to the Hopper by an ethernet cable.

Mine isn't very far from the Hopper3 (house isn't that big) & worked perfectly for months until last October, since then every few nights at 1am it loses the connection & does the old (pre H3) nightly update reset - abrupt frozen screen, then black screen (no warning), then message 1503, then I have to wait until it reconnects - tried everything Mike H has suggested several times, finally replaced the access point, still does it.

Matt if you know something else to try, let me know.

Peggy - the WJ actually has an RJ45 (Ethernet) jack in the back of the unit......