Wireless Joey's Do Not Work!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wireless Joey's Do Not Work!

Theusla
Extra

None of my wireless Joey's have worked for the last 3 days. I was told by tech support that this was a know issue and is being worked on. They have  worked fine for the last 4 years. What happened to screw them up and why is it taking this long to find a solution? the price of the Joey's should be subtracted from account for the number of day's they do not work.

Tags (1)
11 Replies

Re: Wireless Joey's Do Not Work!

Chadt4141
Production Manager
Have you tried resetting the Hopper, WAP, and the WiFi Joey? Also ensure bridging is enabled.

Sally
Extra
I'm new to dish and I'm I'm the 2nd Joey that does not work. The tech said it was most likely my electrical out let's. Every thing else work in those out let's just fine. I think this wireless stuff is crap.

DISH Employee

Hi, Sally! Technical issues can be very frustrating. Let's work together to see how we can get this resolved. Can you give me more detail on what is happening with the Wireless Joey? 

Mbutter104
Extra

Same here,

my wireless Joey worked for 1 day now the signal is under 30. I have great internet 80 + download at the location and now not getting a good signal reset hopper, Joey and internet, no help what’s up?

Chadt4141
Production Manager
The Wireless Joey will not require your internet to work. The WAP creates its own wireless network for just the WiFi joey. Have you reset the WAP?

Mbutter104
Extra

Thank you for the feedback it is appreicated! I did unplug it but let me try it again. 

Mbutter104
Extra

Yah working Thank you very much for helping out I did not realize the home internet did not play a function in my set up. Good to know.

SJP_15611
Character Actor

My Hopper 3 and 3 wireless Joeys were installed today.  The Joey in my bedroom stopped working.  Worked with Dish Technical support, they made me reset the Joey several times, it is no longer booting up.  I just get a message box on the bottom right hand of my TV "Startup 9999" then black screen and after a few minutes "Startup 9999"  I left it on for several hours hoping it will boot up but nothing. 

I am looking for a solution if anyone overcame this challenge.

Can the Joey be manually reset to factory defaults?  

Highlighted

DISH Employee

SJP_15611, I am sorry to hear that you are having trouble with the Wireless Joey! I understand after a few troubleshooting steps, it is no longer booting back up. Since you have started seeing the "Startup 9999" message, have you tried to unplug it from the power outlet for 15 seconds and plug back in? If you have and you are still seeing this message, then we will need to replace the receiver.