6 Replies

Re: Will older model Hoppers work with Alexa

Chadt41411
Casting Director
Hopper3

BrianP58
Audio Engineer
That means I would have to upgrade and get locked into another 2 years. Just finished getting some promotional credits that Dish used to lower my bill for a few months so now back up to a high cost each month. Maybe time to move on after 18 years with Dish. It seems the only way to save money is to periodically switch providers to take advantage of new customer offers.

Chadt41411
Casting Director
You don't have to switch or upgrade, however if you wanted Alexa support, it requires upgraded hardware. To the best of my knowledge, Dish is the only provider that currently offers Alexa support.

BrianP58
Audio Engineer
Last time I upgraded to the Hopper, I either had to pay for the receiver or commit to 2 years. Isn't it the same now if I wanted the Hopper 3?

Chadt41411
Casting Director
BrianP58 wrote:
Last time I upgraded to the Hopper, I either had to pay for the receiver or commit to 2 years. Isn't it the same now if I wanted the Hopper 3?

Yes.

peggyrh
Associate Producer

Many customers have to pay for an upgrade as well as commit to a new 2 yr agreement, it all depends on your account. Only way to know for sure is to ask one of the reps (names in orange) to see what you qualify for - never hurts to ask.